SS Untersturmführer tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabs

The embroiders seems a bit loose, but not horrible. Is it possible that the tabs are velvet that was aged or "shaved"? The appearance is somewhat similar.

Comment

I have a pair that has the same zig-zag piping attachment but mine is only visible from the back, not the front. My first inclination was that I liked this set.

Comment

They look original to me. I would like to see them for an in hand inspection, but I suspect they are original.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

This pair of mine has been shown before. Some piping was lost during removal and some has been crudely re-attached. If you look at the right side of the rank tab, you see the same zig-zag piping attachment that is visible from the front. I've had these since the 70's.

Comment

Guess what? That type of stitching is easy to fake I myself have tried it very successfully on a nice fake tab I wanted to make into an officer tab. The stitching means nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
              The piping sewing has nothing to do with it the runes are not correct. This is a proper tab .

Comment

My only point John is that this type of piping attachment (mine and the pair of this thread)is ugly and obscure if not rare. I've only seen it a few times. Why would fakers use this non-standard method of piping attachment when it would be easier to sew the piping the regular way?

Comment

I think they may have suffered water damage, I have a nice unissued set that got wet & the threads started seperating revealing the ünterlagen. They tabs looked ok to me
                  Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                  The embroiders seems a bit loose, but not horrible. Is it possible that the tabs are velvet that was aged or "shaved"? The appearance is somewhat similar.

Comment

It is definitely not rare to see piping attached that way , not at all. Also notice on almost all originals not all but most the piping thread is white also often on standard tabs with piping attached differently white is used...

The runes do not look that loose to me there is just no age to the bullion and I would expect some chinks on a weathered set.

Comment

Thanks guys!
                      Maybe not good photos!
                      And report Bob Hirtz I thik very good expert?!

They look original to me. I would like to see them for an in hand inspection, but I suspect they are original.

Best!

Comment

As I said even though I like them I'd save my money for a 'safer' set. However if you really like and believe in them or they are cheap enough then it's your money and best of luck
                        Regards
                        jim

Comment

Check this thread please

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=699778

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X