Attached Files

Hmmmmm ....
    I dint know why but they ain't making my toes curl
    Regards
    David

Comment

Ok but original or copy,?!

Comment

I would say fake with fake age. A new generation of fake.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          I would say fake with fake age. A new generation of fake.

That's why they didn't do much for me ....
          Lets just say a gut feeling
          Regards
          David

Comment

I don't like the way the piping is sewn to the tab and I'm not crazy about the consistent dark staining (that may be just the photography ?). The runes look odd too but I can't pinpoint why ... perhaps they are too thick ?

Ian

Comment

Thanks a this new fake,,,,
              Best.
              Attached Files

Comment

The only thing I do like is the moleskin material the tabs are made from, which I rarely see used on fakes. I do agree with the final analysis, however...

Comment

I have to agree! Rather "no" than "yes" if the question is "original?".

Comment

Here report from one colector.

The way the piping is sewn to the tab is correct. Please check on the Beaver"s book on page 340. The Runes is old and very nice, impossible new fake!

Comment

Originally posted by NORDSUDETEN View Post
                      Here report from one colector.

The way the piping is sewn to the tab is correct. Please check on the Beaver"s book on page 340. The Runes is old and very nice, impossible new fake!
                      The way the piping is correct for me, you can also see similar example on the 201 page from Beavers book.

Comment

The piping sewing has nothing to do with it the runes are not correct. This is a proper tab .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Blimey. I feel my comfortable fence calling on these.
                          Yes the piping sewing in very odd, but then I don't mind the actual piping.
                          Very rare to find mole skin repros as said and I do like the wet/lived in sag to the front of the rank tab.
                          the problem with the runes is that the bottom halves are wider than the top by a considerable margin.
                          Made to fool fakes with some very novel features or a period pair which fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down?

Comment

The piping by the way on the tabs that started this thread is only 2 twisted strands....a majority of original with the exception of some early tabs have three strands. They may have been original blanks with runes added post war and the piping added post war. but definitely not 100% wartime.

Comment

Fair game on the piping I thought I counted three strands on the phone screen!
                              I certainly wouldn't part cash with them but as u say the base material is nice and not a usual copying material.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X