Camo gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo gloves

Ive had these gloves since 1993/94, and always had doubts... it just doesn't feel right.

After combing through the camo threads I believe they are reproductions.... probably from the same company that made the pants in post #4 of this thread :
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=271989

Its been a long time and second opinions would be great.

Thanks a bunch.

Pictures:

Nice and original mittens!

Comment

Great, thanks Fritz!

The lack of markings gave me doubts... SS/Wehrmacht seem to label just about everything. I'll need to read more to figure out the tell tale signs.

At the time there was little to no information concerning WW2 German camo (at least anything that I knew of, or had access to).

Glad to finally put this old question to bed.

Thanks again
      Last edited by mchap; 10-21-2013, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Quite original, not everything was marked, many fine items were/are not marked, just as it's easy to "mark" a repro. You can't apply modern internet ideas to items made by starving inmates, poles etc etc. think 40s death and war.

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
          Great, thanks Fritz!

The lack of markings gave me doubts... SS/Wehrmacht seem to label just about everything. I'll need to read more to figure out the tell tale signs.

At the time there was little to no information concerning WW2 German camo (at least anything that I knew of, or had access to).

Glad to finally put this old question to bed.

Thanks again
          Just look at picture number 5 and the dark green area, THAT has not been reproduced, and there is much more to be gleaned from this textbook original. Kopfhaube loos same as do the pants with minor color variations. The jackets are the hardest of the set.

Comment

Hi Scott, you are right about reproduced markings... I think its very easy to get hung up on preconceived notions, which can lead to second guessing, missing out on potentially great deals because of it. Its a good reminder to think beyond the textbook.

In picture #5 are you referring to the tan color shadowing the green and dark colors? It is sort of creating a 3D effect.

Thanks for the insights.

Comment

Originally posted by mchap View Post
              Hi Scott, you are right about reproduced markings... I think its very easy to get hung up on preconceived notions, which can lead to second guessing, missing out on potentially great deals because of it. Its a good reminder to think beyond the textbook.

In picture #5 are you referring to the tan color shadowing the green and dark colors? It is sort of creating a 3D effect.

Thanks for the insights.
              I will try to Photoshop the areas I'm referring to and some details next week take care thanks

Comment

Thanks Scott, I'd appreciate it!

In between my WW1/Imperial interests I'll be looking into the different camo threads as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X