Why there must be tons of WSS uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panzerzacker
    Interesting to see his visor cap had cloth insignia...very nice photos!

ZaCK
    His cap is actually a crusher style field cap. The visor my be made of the pressed paper or cardboard (Not Vulcan fibre) variety or it could be leather, but I think the former. The cap is certainly made as a crusher and shows all of the characteristics that should be sought out in regards to shape and size of the top, construction, and visor details. Many NCO's and officers added chinstraps/chincords to these hats during the war. One major reference states that these style caps were not as popular with the SS as with the Army. This is simply not true. Actually based on carefull photo study, these style caps were much more popular with the SS than in the Heer. I would speculate, based on my study of thousands of photos, that maybe 30% or so were worn with cloth insignia rather then metal. Some whas a mixture of both.

Comment

Thanks alot Phild...This was the first time I've ever seen an SS visor with cloth insignia and wasn't sure whether or not it was in fact a crusher. Very enlightening.

ZaCK

Comment

Very good pics, I like them
        Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
        All the best,
        Chris

Comment

Outstanding pictures! I have seen Ernst August Krag on pictures wearing all sorts of caps, tunics and camo material as well. Your pictures proof my point.. there is/was more than we want to believe!

Comment

I think the SS headgear collectors should be happy. This guy had at least five different caps. Wonder how many helmets?

Comment

This guy must have had money...I don't think most of the guys had so many tunics...especially the guys that got into the Waffen-SS later in the war.

Comment

For me and especially the Panzer wrapper were upgraded accordingly as he moved up in rank. With the collar on the field tunic having been replaced with a bottle green officers version which was done regularly.

Glenn
                "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Nice pictures!

Strange, no combat awards.

Dan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X