Lakesidetrader

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the years people posted their items for the enjoyment of others or the opinion of others. Only to get Mr. "What right do you have" add his "I could entertain a doubt" but never seeing only two things he has owned posted here that he admits to owning anyway. All the finger pointing at the European "faker". Nothing they had could be posted lest a faker learn how to make one from scratch or might be lurking in the shadows...and they all claim they didn't know about JeffB even though his brother George helps Kris and Distelhorst set up at shows. Doubt's were entertained about some of the most "perfect" faked tunics ever but when a freakin re-worked greatcoat was posted it was defended to the hilt, when a TK tunic with a fake tab was posted it was defended to the hilt and when this piece of work was posted once again defended to the hilt not even a fake cypher caused a doubt......back when the Panzer Liar thread came out on GDC the Chicago guys rallied around it until it was outed by a respected dealer who got taken. OH and they all know the faker who was lurking in our midst or two of them Mr. JeffB and Mr. Labcoat himself.

Now we see this guy Manzie sending out emails warning people not to post pictures because I save pictures and out restored pieces that aren't disclosed as such.

and somehow that is seen a detrimental to the hobby by some...lol

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
      Over the years people posted their items for the enjoyment of others or the opinion of others. Only to get Mr. "What right do you have" add his "I could entertain a doubt" but never seeing only two things he has owned posted here that he admits to owning anyway. All the finger pointing at the European "faker". Nothing they had could be posted lest a faker learn how to make one from scratch or might be lurking in the shadows...and they all claim they didn't know about JeffB even though his brother George helps Kris and Distelhorst set up at shows. Doubt's were entertained about some of the most "perfect" faked tunics ever but when a freakin re-worked greatcoat was posted it was defended to the hilt, when a TK tunic with a fake tab was posted it was defended to the hilt and when this piece of work was posted once again defended to the hilt not even a fake cypher caused a doubt......back when the Panzer Liar thread came out on GDC the Chicago guys rallied around it until it was outed by a respected dealer who got taken. OH and they all know the faker who was lurking in our midst or two of them Mr. JeffB and Mr. Labcoat himself.

Now we see this guy Manzie sending out emails warning people not to post pictures because I save pictures and out restored pieces that aren't disclosed as such.

and somehow that is seen a detrimental to the hobby by some...lol
      Bravo I'm sure I just heard an ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        How am I supposed to take your comment in post #675 "I have heard much about your skill" ?.. I know you never actually said TGN did any work on this jacket but you are implying that he knows how to sew.

Kind of a veiled attempt to point your finger don't you think?

Glenn
        Please don't insult me and insinate I had anything to do with this shoddy restoration. This is NOT my work.

If you guys think there is some knd of kabal in Chicago, you're sadly mistaken. I know Kris from high school, but he lives an hour away and I rarely see him except as shows. I NEVER see Pete except at shows. What he does is his business, not mine. Althoug Bryon is a longtime friend, I rarely see him either. We all have lives and individaul problems that occupy our time much more than this hobby.

As for the LAH tunic, I think we can safely assume that if Jeff bought the cufftitle, he did the restoration. I first saw the piece when it was completed with Kris. I can tell you for a FACT that the name tag is original and has not been tampered with. And there is no breast eagle shadow. So you can take it from there. I believe in it until PROVEN otherwise. Your speculations mean nothing to me at this point.

If you think I am defending any of these items to support anyone, you are wrong. I am a long time collector and deeply enjoy this hobby. I also have great respect for these artifacts. It pains me to see anything I truly believe in being trashed by people who have never seen the item on this forum. Yes, I believed in Bryon's SS wrap when he first got it, and was astounded that it was being questioned on this forum. I was defending the wrap, not Bryon or anyone else who owned it at the time. The same goes for everything I have defended. I defend the item, not the owner. That doesn't mean I am correct in my defenses, only that I believe or believed in them. It still amazes me that the SS wrap was created by someone so many years ago. Same goes for some other items that have proven to be not original.

As for my sewing abilities, yes I am very good. I learned a long time ago that if you are going to collect this crap, you better know how to maintain it. Buttons fall off, seams open up, etc. etc. and I perfected techniques to repair them. I can do all sorts of restorations, but I don't do CREATIONS. If it wasn't what it was, I am not going to make it into something else for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
          Quite right, here's a few observations about the name.

On the volksbund site there are 6 names listed with Mendrzyk as a surname, 5 of them from WWII, only two have ranks and both are officers. Ie. it's not a unique surname and it means there will have been more that served and survived. I would also point out that trying to find every officer that served in the Wehrmacht is a very difficult task, the published rank lists are extremely limited and the reserve officers, war officers, supplementary officers etc. are not easy to find.

The man's service history has been published but I believe it doesn't tell the whole story and has been misinterpreted a little with particular focus around the time this tunic was made, or at least the date on the label

That he was an officer in the LSSAH is clear, but for how long he served in the field with the unit is not but I believe it was from nov.39 until late 1944.

In Dec. 1940 he was 2nd ordnance officer on the staff of the Ia of LSSAH, by the end of june 41 he was with the 1st battery of SS-Flak-abteilung LSSAH. We also know he earned the ostmedaille so it's clear he stayed with the unit over the winter of 41\42. He then turns up as batterie chef for 4./SS-Flak-Abteilung LSSAH from at least January 43 until he gets posted away from the division in late '44.

For those that have Rudolf Lehmann's history of the LSSAH he can be found there, though the name is misspelled several times.

So my guess is that he was transferred from the stab of the LSSAH to the newly forming and expanding flak abteilung around about spring to late spring 1941 at Brünn (Brno) in the Czech republic, the Flak abteilung was with the division from the start during the invasion of the Soviet Union.

As he was an officer with the flak abteilung by the time this tunic or label is dated, not to mention his long service as a flak officer. Should he even have had white shoulderstraps instead of flak\artillery red?

In other words, quite apart from anything else, the overall career story the tunic tells us, doesn't hang together with the actual Mendrzyk's career history.
          thanks Simon for taking the time to study and write this up im always amazed at what you can pull from a document
          just more evidence that this is a terrible grouping

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
            Please don't insult me and insinate I had anything to do with this shoddy restoration. This is NOT my work.

If you guys think there is some knd of kabal in Chicago, you're sadly mistaken. I know Kris from high school, but he lives an hour away and I rarely see him except as shows. I NEVER see Pete except at shows. What he does is his business, not mine. Althoug Bryon is a longtime friend, I rarely see him either. We all have lives and individaul problems that occupy our time much more than this hobby.

As for the LAH tunic, I think we can safely assume that if Jeff bought the cufftitle, he did the restoration. I first saw the piece when it was completed with Kris. I can tell you for a FACT that the name tag is original and has not been tampered with. And there is no breast eagle shadow. So you can take it from there. I believe in it until PROVEN otherwise. Your speculations mean nothing to me at this point.

If you think I am defending any of these items to support anyone, you are wrong. I am a long time collector and deeply enjoy this hobby. I also have great respect for these artifacts. It pains me to see anything I truly believe in being trashed by people who have never seen the item on this forum. Yes, I believed in Bryon's SS wrap when he first got it, and was astounded that it was being questioned on this forum. I was defending the wrap, not Bryon or anyone else who owned it at the time. The same goes for everything I have defended. I defend the item, not the owner. That doesn't mean I am correct in my defenses, only that I believe or believed in them. It still amazes me that the SS wrap was created by someone so many years ago. Same goes for some other items that have proven to be not original.

As for my sewing abilities, yes I am very good. I learned a long time ago that if you are going to collect this crap, you better know how to maintain it. Buttons fall off, seams open up, etc. etc. and I perfected techniques to repair them. I can do all sorts of restorations, but I don't do CREATIONS. If it wasn't what it was, I am not going to make it into something else for anyone.

Thanks for answering the questions Tom. I'm done with this thread because it will lead to nothing...no answers but hopefully it will make things perfectly clear. This crap has haunted this hobby forever and it is further proof that experts are a dime a dozen and their advice is as worthless as their integrity as a person. It's really up to the collector ,the one who smells opportunity and jumps on this kind of bandwagon is as guilty as the guy with the sewing machine. The big honchos in the hobby are right on board just look at all the crap sold at a "certificated" show...it's the old pat on the back what've you got for me crowd over and over again.
            In an interrogation room I'd have them crying about it and asking for their mommies but on here they can play the shell game and do as they like with the unsuspecting or novice or even just guys who take pride in being honest.
            Last edited by John Pic; 11-06-2013, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Since when do "rights" apply to a simple question?
              Your ire at the question is puzzling....not.
              A simple truthful answer will sufice ."What right" do I have to ask lol you live in a different country than I do.
              Simple fact is that MY business is None of yours, so Don’t ask, let alone expect an answer.

If I am offering you an item from my collection, THEN be my guest and you can expect FULL disclosure from me.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Boo Hoo, as they say can't take the heat get out of the kitchen kiddo. In case you didn't notice this is the information highway and you would be surprised how many people share "your business" with others. Someone even sent me pictures of you in your pretty pink pullover hard at work at a show.

Until the next illegitimate piece you jump in to protect have fun.

Comment

Boo Hoo, as they say can't take the heat get out of the kitchen kiddo. In case you didn't notice this is the information highway and you would be surprised how many people share "your business" with others. Someone even sent me pictures of you in your pretty pink pullover hard at work at a show.

Until the next illegitimate piece you jump in to protect have fun.
                  Well, I am flattered that anyone would wish to take a picture of me, let alone share it; but then, you’ve got me, I do like pink.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Bryon since youre here I even know about the LAH tunic you once owned that supposedly came from your Dad. Gone now I suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                      thanks for reaffirming with this expletive. what i was talking about obviouusly little !! thought went in to you thinking about the contex i was talking about , but seems you fit in to the category very well ,

it was observation ,

Comment

Bryon since youre here I even know about the LAH tunic you once owned that supposedly came from your Dad. Gone now I suppose?
                        Bingo! Great intell; you’re well on the way to that gold detective’s badge. Any pictures sent your way to corroborate that Story?

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                          Distelhorst
                          I was wondering who is Distelhorst.

I found this. What a small world...

Default Oakleaf Militaria - Chris Anderson
                          The website is Oakleaf Militaria, the owner is Chris Anderson.

Not all the merchandise belongs to Oaklaf Militaria.

Some of the merchandise belongs to Dr. Ronald A. Distelhorst and he operates warelics.com.

Chris Anderson and Dr. Ronald A. Distelhorst travel to Militaria Shows together and share tables.

"two people in the same boat, if the boat springs a leak, how many go down??"

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=379244

Comment

Originally posted by werner View Post
                            I was wondering who is Distelhorst.

I found this. What a small world...
                            I'd love to know what kind of 'doctor' he is.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                              I'd love to know what kind of 'doctor' he is.
                              Proctologist

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                                Bingo! Great intell; you’re well on the way to that gold detective’s badge. Any pictures sent your way to corroborate that Story?

B. N. Singer
                                Quite possibly. But I just wanted to know if you still had it so if I did seek something from your collection I could be picky. I rgot my investigator stripes years ago well earned. Has Tom ever seen it ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X