Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
    rest is a story that only you know, be polite

also one input from my own experience, knowledge about facts is quite low in the German collector scene with material like this cap or most other SS material.

is also logical ... because in Germany constantly popping things the textbook are not ... but that is normal because as we all know Germany is the source

attached a few photos that are not found in the textbook :-))))
    Attached Files

Comment

Black SS

Originally posted by Kanalhose View Post
      is also logical ... because in Germany constantly popping things the textbook are not ... but that is normal because as we all know Germany is the source

Let us see some pictures of black SS visors (37-39 time frame) with mixed insignia. That would be pertinent to this thread. Thank you, Peter

Comment

whats the sense about your post? we talk about a mixed up time frame.
        non textbook original stuff shows up anywhere in Germany, EU and vet bring backs in the US. But at least the time frame fits together on those items.

Anyhow its your cap and a nice cap. Last taste upgrade would be with Cupal (Verbundstoff Alu-Kupfer) badges.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
          Let us see some pictures of black SS visors (37-39 time frame) with mixed insignia. That would be pertinent to this thread. Thank you, Peter
          I really had one with a early jawless skull and standard ss officers eagle not the early one.I have seen many of these hats with the insg. mixed.Just like the pics. here show there are hats with mixed insg. that are 100% orig..I am sure somebody out there has pics of the blackie with mixed insg.

Dennis J

Comment

I give up ... :-))))

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
              whats the sense about your post? Last taste upgrade would be with Cupal (Verbundstoff Alu-Kupfer) badges.
              This makes sense.

Comment

one badge of the 2nd pattern was earlier introduced then the other one, when not wrong the skull was replaced prior to the eagle.
                I would not wonder to see period changes on worn examples. But not lower grade Al insignias on an ca. 38 blk visor, this is about the quality.

Originally posted by Dennis J View Post
                I really had one with a early jawless skull and standard ss officers eagle not the early one.I have seen many of these hats with the insg. mixed.Just like the pics. here show there are hats with mixed insg. that are 100% orig..I am sure somebody out there has pics of the blackie with mixed insg.

Dennis J
                Last edited by Robert H; 09-17-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

tell me a rational reason why and who should be tinkering with the cap
                  There has been 70 years for that to occur.

Comment

Cap

Kanalhose claims the eagle is not aluminum. Then what is the composition? It looks like aluminum to me. I'm not sure when aluminum insignia first appeared, but I agree it would more than likely have had a Cupal skull. The skull looks like a Deschler to me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X