help: SS BADGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

actually more than 20 (!!!) different types of fakes exist (i have hundred of pictures or originals and fakes).

Juoneen, there is no writing (nor RZM, nor code etc) on the back of the original badges.

On on the (ugly) fakes is the "Richard Sieper & Söhne" one, was it your badge ?

Here is another fake, the "München 9", i think it was your badge NellyNosirrah ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
      Hi,

sorry for being late in my reply.

This Germanische Leistungsrune looks nothing like the original.
      Again, for reference, lot 4125 of HH 63 (fall 2011), courtesy of Hermann Historica.

great piece

Comment

Originally posted by NellyNosirrah View Post
        Thank you Vince, those are the exact characteristics I've been reading about that distinguish the real thing from a fake, it's just all the photos I'd seen of fakes haven't been the same as mine. The photos at the top of this thread are not of my badge, mine seems to be a better copy but still has a badge makers mark on the back reading "munchen 9" so that is what confirmed it for me it can't be real. It's a shame I can't post a photo but I don't know how to do that on here sorry! I was keen to show it to others just to have a look.

Unfortunately you must be a paid association member to post photos.

Comment

Ah ok thank you Dennis S that explains it. I have only just started properly collecting military items, I am a reenactor in the UK. According to Warmmans WWII collectors guide one of these badges in its box is worth around £10,000! Thank you for the pic of the Munchen9 one Vince that's is pretty much the same as mine. I just picked it up from an antiques fair and didn't even know what it was. Now I've researched it I know it's a fake and I'm a bit more informed about what an original would look like...if I ever were to come across one.

Comment

Hi,

no box exist for the Germanische Leistungsrune...
            The badge "worth 10,000 GBP" is most probably the one sold on HH 63, lot 4123, which is... PARTLY FAKE.
            The box is fake (to date, no is confirmed to exist), and the badge is not a silver one but (probably) a damaged bronze one with the runes that had their lacquer (badly) redone, and a fake silver paint added on the sunwheel... Lacquer and paint problems are évidences.
            This one sold for 12,500 euros, not counting the fees.

Pictures courtesy of Hermann Historica.

High-end modified badge, who badly burned a collector who didn't ask himself basic questions. Other badges had their lacquer redone (it seemed to be hard to redo damaged lacquer).

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by NellyNosirrah View Post
              Ah ok thank you Dennis S that explains it. I have only just started properly collecting military items, I am a reenactor in the UK. According to Warmmans WWII collectors guide one of these badges in its box is worth around £10,000! Thank you for the pic of the Munchen9 one Vince that's is pretty much the same as mine. I just picked it up from an antiques fair and didn't even know what it was. Now I've researched it I know it's a fake and I'm a bit more informed about what an original would look like...if I ever were to come across one.

My advice, shelf the book. Take it slow and stay on here. This is a dangerous hobby
              Easy to get burned. Study originals in the different sections and be extremely careful at antique fairs and flea markets they are notorious venues to off fakes to the unwary. Buy current good books that can be found here and by various book sellers. Today the general info books tell you nothing as you need ones specific to the items you want to collect. I think today it's an good idea to narrow your collecting to a specific genre. Too much fakery to know everything this late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                My advice, shelf the book. Take it slow and stay on here. This is a dangerous hobby
                Easy to get burned. Study originals in the different sections and be extremely careful at antique fairs and flea markets they are notorious venues to off fakes to the unwary. Buy current good books that can be found here and by various book sellers. Today the general info books tell you nothing as you need ones specific to the items you want to collect. I think today it's an good idea to narrow your collecting to a specific genre. Too much fakery to know everything this late in the game.
                That may just be some of the best advice you could give to a newbe in this hobby. Pay attention to this advice here and you will save yourself some money and agony.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X