help: SS BADGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help: SS BADGE

Looking at this item I have never seen before. Does it look good?

They do exist, I cant remember what they are called right at this moment sorry !!

Comment

Do a search on SS Leistungsrune or SS Sports Proficiency Badge.

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
        Do a search on SS Leistungsrune or SS Sports Proficiency Badge.
        That did the trick. found right away with image search and quote. Thanks all.

Comment

greg as you know now, the one shown is a bad one, sorry

Comment

Hello there,

A genuine example never bears a RZM mark on the reverse, no exceptions.

William Kramer
            Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Reproduction of course.
              William said the basic info.

Comment

the dead give away from the front , is the cheese segments are the wrong angle, easy fake to spot without the reverse shot

Comment

Another example of a reproduction proficiency badge I presume...

Hi all, this is my first post. I have been looking for examples of the SS proficiency badge online and found this thread. All the fake examples I have found have looked quite different but having read a really useful page on the website ailsby-collection, I am pretty certain mine is a fake as it has a badge makers mark (munchen 9) on the reverse, plus I see from my WWII collectors encyclopedia that originals are worth a lot so I doubt I'd be that lucky :-) Here are some photos....

Comment

Sorry I can't seem to post the photos at the moment as they are on my phone and I have no url, not sure how to do it.

Comment

Any marks at all is an immediate I'm afraid.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Agree with other friends, the good one has no RZM mark.

The original proficiency badge is far from this example, I'm sorry
                        COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Comment

Hi,

sorry for being late in my reply.

This Germanische Leistungsrune looks nothing like the original.
                          At best a fantasy item.

- end of the branchs are cut
                          - horizontal line of the runes is too thick
                          - missing the catchs of the runes at the back
                          - joint of the pin is bad
                          - pin is bad
                          - RZM mark = no mark on original (no RZM, no code, no manufacturer name...)

Again, for reference, lot 4125 of HH 63 (fall 2011), courtesy of Hermann Historica.

See You

Vince

Comment

Thank you Vince, those are the exact characteristics I've been reading about that distinguish the real thing from a fake, it's just all the photos I'd seen of fakes haven't been the same as mine. The photos at the top of this thread are not of my badge, mine seems to be a better copy but still has a badge makers mark on the back reading "munchen 9" so that is what confirmed it for me it can't be real. It's a shame I can't post a photo but I don't know how to do that on here sorry! I was keen to show it to others just to have a look.

Comment

I had an original years ago that had a verticals engraved name on the back, and sold it in LA cheep...but it was an original...maybe it will surface again here to be shown.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X