No announcement yet.

Civilian SS Enamel Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not completely agree with your stance; while I agree that most firms would not have wanted to stand up against the SS economic and political empire, I don't find it impossible to believe that a smaller firm may have produced a few replacement or cheaper pins for those looking outside Hoff and Gahr. While your evidence is strong, I would not say it is conclusive. Proving that only 2 manufacturers were approved does not prove only two produced, per se; it seems somewhat fallacious to claim just because they were not supported for production that they may have wanted in on the market in a small context. Especially that they may have been able to undercut the other two makers.

Just my thoughts. Interesting threat. though.

Comment

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
      I also own Gahr pin #1 with its Purchase Order Gifted to AH by Himmler who believe it or not was NOT a Member of the SS per say.(AH that is)No more arguments please????
      Seiler
      It would seem there is at least one more #1 out there, apparently with provenance no less.
      I get AH having multiples of his awards for different uniforms that he wore but this is a stickpin he apparently never wore so how would it make sense to have multiples of it? In any event the purchase order you mention should help to clear this question maybe?
      Another question- with most collectors specializing in those agreeing that the earliest pins were unmarked of silver content (does it get any earlier than serial #1 ?) and most marked ones were produced out of 900 silver, it would seem the Fuhrer got the cheaper version in 800...were the Hoffs done in 800 to begin with or were they 900 silver?
      Here is the link for anyone interested: http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

cheers

Matt
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Matthew; 08-16-2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I have some land in Florida To sell to whomever buys that pin....,I also have a hoffstetter ss stick pin slightly over 185,000 seems like it was maybe 5oo more...so is there an exact number in their files or is the 185 thou just an approximation? Just curious.(its been posted before) do you have copies of those reference materials to show you read ?
        Is there any photo of AH ever wearing an ss stick pin. If so.... Anybody have one in their photo collection, or of his birthday party in 1930?
        Now I'm not saying it couldn't have happened ,that is ,himmler presenting him an SS stickpin, but wouldn't you think the engraving, the helix'd pin, and enameling would have been of impeccable fine higher quality of workmanship to be presented to der fuhrer as a birthday present?? And why in silver and not in Gold?
        I would like to see the other #1 stickpin someone eluded to.
        The solder on this example looks like it was done yesterday....but to each his own....but personally.... IMO ,without an actual Veterans provenance , I reserve the right to doubt its originality ....not telling anybody else here what to believe...but I know in some others minds, there are those here hiding in the shadows who also doubt it....to each his own...just won't likely step up and say so.
        Although ....I find it Interesting...and food for thought (fast food that is) for me ... it's no cigar.
        ON the makers issue as to only being two ...this one with the engraving does not have the similarities of a hoffstetter...stickpin, although the issue was over a buttonhole version by jfs, when did hoffstetter start making their ss stickpins?. It seems to me the ss runes weren't used till 1933 when dietrich presented the idea to hitler. IF I'm wrong please correct me .
        I couldn't see the marks on those buttonhole versions in the photos, nor the serial numbers. Can you show some better shots.

Comment

isn't there a period catalog showing civil pins and other insignia and this pattern [non stic pin] is shown in it but as a line drawing.?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
          X