Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civilian SS Enamel Pins

Hi,
    Did these exist in a lapel pin format? One is marked JFS and is serial numbered. The other is unmarked.
    Peter
    Attached Files

JFS was never awaderd an ss contract for production of ss organizational badges, J.R. Cone. ONE PEOPLE, ONE REICH.

Comment

Any chance to see the number?

Comment

Originally posted by David48 View Post
        JFS was never awaderd an ss contract for production of ss organizational badges, J.R. Cone. ONE PEOPLE, ONE REICH.
        Korrekt.
        Gahr and Hoff****** only.
        Well documented.

Seiler

Comment

Pins

Thanks everyone!
          Peter

Comment

I still have doubt concerning these SS-Zivilabzeichen. I think they might be real unless someone proves me the contrary if possible with documents.
            I know that JFS made SS Buckles, why wouldn't they did SS pins ?
            The shapes of the runes are very sharp, the enamel is very well done, the pin itself is of good quality and always with great patina. I've never seen a *mint* JFS SS pin.
            Moreover for all the examples I've seen the numbers are always different.
            Damn I don't know what to think.
            I personnaly have one Hoffstätter pin (number 126982) and they are so close to each other.

Comment

Jfs

Originally posted by Helbe View Post
              I still have doubt concerning these SS-Zivilabzeichen. I think they might be real unless someone proves me the contrary if possible with documents.
              I know that JFS made SS Buckles, why wouldn't they did SS pins ?
              The shapes of the runes are very sharp, the enamel is very well done, the pin itself is of good quality and always with great patina. I've never seen a *mint* JFS SS pin.
              Moreover for all the examples I've seen the numbers are always different.
              Damn I don't know what to think.
              I personnaly have one Hoffstätter pin (number 126982) and they are so close to each other.
              Hello,
              I have since received a private message from a forum member stating that he is aware of a documented vet acquired example. I will try to photo the backside.
              A little tricky with the button hole device.
              Thank you, Peter

Comment

I'm very interested to see where this goes as I too immediately noticed the high quality of the pins....

Comment

Original members badges had a wide outer silver border and a thinner inner one and were slightly convex.
                  Generally, most badges worn as cuff links etc. were original badges with different types of fastener
                  systems converted by jewelers. per J. R. Cone

Comment

Originally posted by David48 View Post
                    Original members badges had a wide outer silver border and a thinner inner one and were slightly convex.
                    Generally, most badges worn as cuff links etc. were original badges with different types of fastener
                    systems converted by jewelers. per J. R. Cone
                    Get yourselves (pay) a look see at File No.NS 19 **** SS zivilabzeichen
                    at Berlin Documents Center.
                    Approved by Himmler as a non award,private purchase,at "absolutely no cost
                    to the SS".
                    Some 50-60 pages only but interesting infighting for the right to make.
                    First approved producer.Hoffstatter,Bonn who already had a design from
                    SS Member employee Walter Heck.He was paid 1.5Rmk for the pleasure.
                    His mother wrote a blistering letter to Himmler******
                    Hoff claimed to have produced some 185000 plus extras
                    Gahr figure only as a Johnny come lately thru intense lobbying by Karolina
                    Gahr."Himmler said dont copy Hoffstatter,as long as they look alike" Hence the
                    pin differences in size.Gahr reported some 1650 plus extras when the pin was
                    discontinued.
                    NO OTHER MAKER WAS APPROVED BY HIMMLER (No JFS or any body else).
                    Compared with todays price Hoff about 1.5 RM Gahr about 2.2 plus the
                    cost of the "keeper" as a XTRA????
                    I personally have READ the files several years back.
                    I also own Gahr pin #1 with its Purchase Order Gifted to AH by Himmler
                    who believe it or not was NOT a Member of the SS per say.(AH that is)
                    No more arguments please????
                    A lot of rubbish written about such an insignificant little stickpin!!
                    Seiler

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                      Hello,
                      I have since received a private message from a forum member stating that he is aware of a documented vet acquired example. I will try to photo the backside.
                      A little tricky with the button hole device.

Thank you, Peter
                      Sorry.Another "Vet acquired" story to distort History,I,ll bet
                      Seiler

Comment

Pm

Originally posted by Seiler View Post
                        Sorry.Another "Vet acquired" story to distort History,I,ll bet
                        Seiler
                        Here's the PM that I was sent. Also some other images of the pins. The JFS is serial numbered 87557 at top of back and JFS at lower area of the backside. Kevin, the information you provided leads to a a pretty firm conclusion however. Thanks for taking the time to go into that detail. Much appreciated. Peter
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by PMan; 04-12-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Back of Pins

Attached Files

Comment

very interesting conversation.....Seiler, so are you saying the archive documents show that only the 2 well known producers were ever approved?

Does this 100% preclude other production in a private context or some other small production run?

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                              very interesting conversation.....Seiler, so are you saying the archive documents show that only the 2 well known producers were ever approved?

Does this 100% preclude other production in a private context or some other small production run?
                              Absolutely NO OTHER.
                              Defy Himmler at your peril!!
                              Seiler

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X