No announcement yet.

Oskar Klingelhöfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last pic for today: Rmemeber post 64 - the RAD company. I have looked into the faces of all men an I am quite sure I have found him. No one else looks more similar. Klingelhöfer at the age of 20:
    Attached Files

Comment

back to tha battle of the bulge. The next two pics are clearly made within a "Verfügungsraum"(assembling area) within a wood. Its most likely a day or two before the start of the offensive.
      I think its made in the "Blankenheim-forrest".

The man with the furhat again together with a very young crew member:
      Attached Files

Comment

These 5 men are most likely Klingelhöfers crew:

Klingelhöfer (second from left)
        driver: Rolf Ehrhardt
        loader: Peter Mühlbach
        gunner: Engelbert Bock
        radio: Helmut Rehnsch

It seems that "dress code" was not a big issue in december 1944 within the 7. company.
        Maybe that that pic was made before or later (missing snow on the trees).
        Attached Files

Comment

already posted before - two more pics. At first again the man with the fur hat (most likely Engelbert Bock):
          Attached Files

Comment

the next man I have first thought its Rolf Ehrhardt - but I am not sure. You can recognize a "7" but unfortunately no more digits.

The portrait was shown in "Peiper" (Patrick Agte).
            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice pictures

Comment

on late afternoon 15 of december Peiper assembled all of his commanders for a meeting and gave there the order for the attack - just a few hours before the attack. Before no one had the smallest idea of the comming actions. This is what Klingelhöfer stated during the trial about that event:
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have some doubts if Klingelhöfer gave that statement on free will. I dont think that Peiper gave an order that no prisoners will be taken. His radio man wrote later that letter, as he heard that Klingelhöfer was sentenced to death:
                      Attached Files

Comment

His driver Rolf Ehrhard stated the same after the war. Its almost sure that a war crime took place but most likely without a general order. I will come back to Malmedy later.

Comment

Most interesting, congrats on your getting this grouping and thanks for sharing with us! I look forward to reading more!

Kevin

Comment

What a fantastic and historical group !!!!!

IMO I would have the tunic on a bust without adding any insignias to it.
                            Keep it as you got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeMil

Comment

The jacket deserves indeed a very careful handling.

Before I am going to post more about the BoB another drawing about the issuing of order in "Blankenheim Forsthaus" made by Untersturmführer Hans Hennecke, platoon leader in 1. company.

Description: sketch of the command post of Standartenführer (wrong rank!) Peiper 16. dec 1944:
                              Attached Files

Comment

The next pages are Klingelhöfers short description about his actions between Baugnez and LaGleize. He was the only tank of the 7. company in LaGleize. Its not known yet which tank he used since he changed tanks in Wanne. There exist a lot if pics of abandoned tanks in LaGleize but none of his Mark IV.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X