No announcement yet.

Oskar Klingelhöfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that would be really nice to restore it, either way a real historical find. Although I get anxiety about restorations....with the possibility of damage. The Eagle should be had applied if the tunic has a sleeve lining.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
      I think that would be really nice to restore it, either way a real historical find. Although I get anxiety about restorations....with the possibility of damage. The Eagle should be had applied if the tunic has a sleeve lining.
      Yes - the traces of the stitiching indicates a hand applied eagle- Thats no problem. Even an amateur like me can do that.

For the tabs I need a profi. I dont get anxoius - Klingelhöfer itself changed the rank tabs at least 2 times. For a profi thats no problem. The problem is rather to find such a profi. Here in Germany owning a SS uniform is worse than beeing a child abuser

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
        Yes - the traces of the stitiching indicates a hand applied eagle- Thats no problem. Even an amateur like me can do that.

For the tabs I need a profi. I dont get anxoius - Klingelhöfer itself changed the rank tabs at least 2 times. For a profi thats no problem. The problem is rather to find such a profi. Here in Germany owning a SS uniform is worse than beeing a child abuser

You can always ask one of the bigger German dealers. They'll put it on at a small fee if you ask discretely. No kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
          You can always ask one of the bigger German dealers. They'll put it on at a small fee if you ask discretely. No kidding.
          Yes I know but I dont want to give it out of my hands.

Comment

Just my opinion LuckyStrike...but I'd leave it as is , it is a truly wonderful find..

Comment

Wonderbar ss group! Congrats, and thanks for showing this rare catch.
              Cheers
              Gisle

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                Yes I know but I dont want to give it out of my hands.
                I wouldnt want to either, although maybe you could have the insignia sewn in a day and be there while they do it.

As Markus said, the Hamburg connection will have it restored in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by Sjking View Post
                  Congrats indeed, I think your right, look at the top pocket seem and the crease a couple of inches in to the right of the fleck...great score mate....looks like the same tunic indeed.
                  Yes, Looks like we have a winner !

Comment

Fantastic lot, congrats!

Don't forget to show us restoration project progress

Comment

With the help of Mike Constandy (Westmoreland reserach) I have aquired the RuSHA file of Klingelhöfer. I will post parts of them because its a nice addition to that thread. At first the hand written cv (written in 1940):

1933-34: HJ leader
                      1934-37: commercial apprenticeship in Gießen
                      01.06.34: he joined the SS (number:274 844)
                      11/1937: he joined SS Verfügungstruppe (11.Kp/ Germania)
                      05/1938: he was transfered to 12.Kp/Germania
                      04/1939: he started training at Junkerschule Braunschweig (3. Kompanie)
                      Attached Files

Comment

somewhen in early 1940 he was promoted to Untersturmführer. Here are two more pics of him short after the promotion (low quality because it was a copy - I will try to track down the originals in Freiburg):
                        Attached Files

Comment

thats an interesting document (1944). If I understand correct he only had the Reichssportabzeichen and Julleuchter but no Totenkopfring..

I will continue it soon.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting thread! Thank you for sharing all this on the forum and my compliments for such important grouping.

Comment

Instead of restoring, acquire similar insignia--don't forget the visor too-- as seen in your images and display these along with the tunic.

this way this satisfies the want for a complete tunic, although not having
                              the insignia mounted, is there for you to see the insignia and tunic together.

By doing this you do not disturb the age cloth matrial set that is seen,
                              as that has taken a number of years to get to this point and condition.

Makes one wonder what still remains in dark corners of peoples closets, attics and basements.

A great find that would be a welcomed addition to even the most advanced collection....now it is your turn to be the keeper of this for later generations of people to see and wonder of.

Npow to find that panzer tunic and cap!!

Comment

next: a copy of his SS membership card
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X