Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS collar tags

Hi,

Where can I purchase a single or set of original SS collar tags / titles (what is the correct term?)

I can only find repro items, or dubious looking forgeries.

Thanks

L

You can often find some nice collar tabs here on the Estand

Comment

Hello L.

Looking at your other posts, I notice you are looking to buy items without it seems much knowledge.

As has been said in this forum so many times, buy books first. Understand terminology, style, etc. Look at dealers sites (there is a section with a sposor list on here for starters).

And this is from someone with such a mixed collection, know what you want to focus on. Don't buy a Totenkopf cuff title for £2k and then realise you have more interest in the Fallschirmjager for instance.

If you have a lot of money then ignore this and fill your boots!

Regards.

Originally posted by theta View Post
      Hi,

Where can I purchase a single or set of original SS collar tags / titles (what is the correct term?)

I can only find repro items, or dubious looking forgeries.

Thanks

L

Comment

May I suggest you purchase this book ... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=626083

While not perfect or for that matter complete it will show you fine examples of the TEXTBOOK type of insignia you may then be able to spot and buy yourself. If I were you I would stick to textbook for now as there are a great many non-standard items which are really just fakes passed off as 'early', 'late' or 'locally made'

As my colleagues have already said be aware that many other facets of the hobby are as/more desirable to many and can be acquired for a fraction of original SS items.

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
          Hello L.

Looking at your other posts, I notice you are looking to buy items without it seems much knowledge.

As has been said in this forum so many times, buy books first. Understand terminology, style, etc. Look at dealers sites (there is a section with a sposor list on here for starters).

And this is from someone with such a mixed collection, know what you want to focus on. Don't buy a Totenkopf cuff title for £2k and then realise you have more interest in the Fallschirmjager for instance.

If you have a lot of money then ignore this and fill your boots!

Regards.
          Thanks for the advice. I have very specific items I am looking for and my interest does not expand much beyond that :

1. German eagle patches/fabric (any - but pref SS or Fallschirm)
          2. Fallschirmjager patches/cap badges/fabric
          3. SS collar tags

I also have several original WWII Pegasus patches from the British Parachute Regiment. This is my main interest, as I am a 3rd generation from Para. The German SS / Fallschrimjager items are just to add to my collection as they were the original inspiration for the Parachute Regiment. Alot of mutual respect between the two elite airborne units...one that has grown stronger over the years.

Comment

Good luck in your search.

I hope my earlier post wasn't too patronising!

All the best,
            Chris.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X