X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks like a young Fernando Torres

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy View Post
      I vaguely remember seeing that old issue of LIFE. Didn't this kid have something to do with the guy who was known as "The Patch King" (somewhere in the NY/NJ area), who made just about every type of patch (including Japanese)? Just memory talking and it's been a long time.....
      exactly at least some of the German pieces such as the tabs and cuff titles are patch king products

Comment

"Just so I get this straight.

An SA dagger, made by the same manufacturer, same materials, made post 8 May, 1945, but pre-September, 1945, would be considered fake, right?

Depending on your wording, I suppose you could call it a wartime artifact.

Just saying... "

Originally posted by tgn View Post
        I would consider it an interesting collectible item. All part of the history of the times.

Tom

Both the Panther and Jagdpanther at Bovington were completed after the war, in the original German factory, by original wartime German technicians, under the direct supervision of the British Army, using all original components, for testing. To me, I would consider these original militaria, but without any historical link to the war. Same would go for daggers or other weapons assembled from all original parts. Just my $.02...

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
          "Just so I get this straight.

An SA dagger, made by the same manufacturer, same materials, made post 8 May, 1945, but pre-September, 1945, would be considered fake, right?

Depending on your wording, I suppose you could call it a wartime artifact.

Just saying... "

Both the Panther and Jagdpanther at Bovington were completed after the war, in the original German factory, by original wartime German technicians, under the direct supervision of the British Army, using all original components, for testing. To me, I would consider these original militaria, but without any historical link to the war. Same would go for daggers or other weapons assembled from all original parts. Just my $.02...

Don
          I completely see the points being considered .
          I would categorize such put together part items as "Occupation Era"artifacts and depending on the higher authenticity of the parts more allowable to be considered as touching on the "War Time Era of artifacts."
          As such I would not be averse to having them in my collections.
          Just my opinion.

Comment

Hi,

DonC and Michael you are totally right. Interesting topic for sure.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
            X