Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
    Heres a link to a thread I started in the "flags & banners" forum:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...91#post5696337

All comments & help welcomed!

best regards, Richard
    The previous owner!
    Attached Files

Comment

Mmmm ... notice the 'SS Cultural' door and architrave as well ... Thorsten WILL be busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Mmmm ... notice the 'SS Cultural' door and architrave as well ... Thorsten WILL be busy.
        sadly there is truth in jest.

As for the repro itself, the fakers must have simply made an educated guess what the color scheme was.
        As far as that goes, they did OK...but I always guessed the background to be more in the lines of blue to silver...and the Iminsul(architrave to Ian) to be white. In fact I bet the original has a pure white Irminsul for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          sadly there is truth in jest.

As for the repro itself, the fakers must have simply made an educated guess what the color scheme was.
          As far as that goes, they did OK...but I always guessed the background to be more in the lines of blue to silver...and the Iminsul(architrave to Ian) to be white. In fact I bet the original has a pure white Irminsul for sure.
          We now see ( thanks to forum member minnesinger) the person who had this copy made was working off the original color sceme
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
            We now see ( thanks to forum member minnesinger) the person who had this copy made was working off the original color sceme
            Cool.
            I still suspect the Irminsul was white, and as you said in other thread the old instamatics changed the colors.

Have heard rumors of the original being in the hands of an old timey dealer a long time ago in USA
            -then sold off.

Comment

The original resides in a private collection in USA.

And is one of the most important and significant SS cultural items - in fact it is a religious piece.

Comment

very nice work ..would love to own one too

whats the size of the Repro? looks quite smaller than the original from the photo..

Comment

This one I discovered in München:

A period wrought iron Sippenleuchter with the Irminsul as the central motif.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Great. Hi-jack yet another thread with more unrelated items you already posted elsewhere. Just start a thread in the collectors display-forum. Here is a set of BRAND NEW Kaminbesteck. I'd say the set left the factory about the same time as your so called Sippenleuchter.

Last edited by Minnesinger; 01-22-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X