SS M43 camo tunic, what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TONY Q.W.
    Well, we have made common ground regarding the back of the tunic. Now, I beleive that the same goes with the front of the tunic (excluding pockets). One panel that carries the "lightest green" plus the two other greens (three altogether) and the other panel with three greens but the one green of a different shade of that of the "lightest green one If a panel, any panel of this jacket has had 4 different greens then I quess something was wrong, but the fact that each panel carries 3 greens (any shade of greens) then in IMHO is ok

John, this has become very interesting conversation and has been a pleasure to talk with you no matter what the outcome would be

Tony
    SAME FOR ME TONY

indeed your,re right on this one
    they used two different style of dyed-piece cloth on this tunic
    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Dear friends thank you for yours answers, hope they can help me. In real life this tunic looks like fine, this is my first ss camo offer for my collection, but before this I saw many original uniforms. I shall buy this jacket, but with a guarantee of return when I shall receive it I shall try to show all its photos, for the further discussion. If you have still additional answers or comments, shall be glad to hear them.

what about style of holes for belt hooks?

Sergey
      Last edited by Uhu; 09-05-2004, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I've opened Michael D. Beaver's book "Uniforms of the Waffen - ss and on page 855 there is that tunic whose characteristics, at least in the inside of the jacket, bears the charachteristics of the tunic in discussion. I'm not saying because of that the tunic in discussion is an original one but it could be of some help. If in fact it is a fake one (tunic in discussion) then must be a very well made fake.

Tony

Comment

If tunic is a fake we are in trouble... I think it's a good one. A hands on inspection is always needed, but I have no trouble with this tunic.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
            If tunic is a fake we are in trouble... I think it's a good one. A hands on inspection is always needed, but I have no trouble with this tunic.
            Fred, BIG trouble!!!!

Tony

Comment

For me the tunic is 100% original,

Glenn
              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Dot Tunics

Caught this thread late...Personally, I like the tunic from what I see in the pics. The problem with 'dot' camo tunics is not necessarily the tunic themselves, but rather the application of the sleeve eagle. I don't think that the fake 'dot' tunics have gotten that good, yet...I would like to see a pic of the inside of the sleeve showing the reverse stitching of the eagle. Best, John

Comment

Hello,

Why so many hoo-ha? This one is 100% original!!!

Comment

No problem with this one .
                    Good markings and it seems there is a RBNr
                    I also like when we see different tones in the dye of panels
                    As John said ,just check if the eagle is originally sewn
                    Francis

Comment

Thank you! I will show all photos when it's arrives me.
                      Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W.
                        I've opened Michael D. Beaver's book "Uniforms of the Waffen - ss and on page 855 there is that tunic whose characteristics, at least in the inside of the jacket, bears the charachteristics of the tunic in discussion. I'm not saying because of that the tunic in discussion is an original one but it could be of some help. If in fact it is a fake one (tunic in discussion) then must be a very well made fake.

Tony
                        So have I a few minutes after your post Tony(sorry for getting back at you this late Uhu...for what my humble opinion could be worth!)...and I have downloaded the pictures on my "REAL" PC and "doctored" them a bit to have the best resolution as possible of a few details, namely the hook straps/holes and a few stitchings!
                        I absolutely like the tunic but,as our friend has rightily pointed out, we'd use a picture of the inside of the sleeve!
                        Cheers
                        MAnny

Comment

Gentlemen I have been collecting WSS camo for years and I tell you that this tunic is 100% original. The sleeve eagle was added on later. The give away is the super tight stitching. Wartime sewing for the sleeve eagles used a much wider zig zag stitch.

In regards to the different material used, it was typical for a uniform manufacturer to use various bolts of HBT material from different printers.
                          I have seen WSS dot camo tunics made with both HBT and smooth cotton.

Just for fun to make a test look under the tunic collar. 9 out of 10 times the HBT material used to reinforce the collar is a different bolt of material then used for the tunic itself. It's vary rare to find an HBT dot camo tunic made entirely from the same bolt of material. A lot of times you will see that the two sleeves are made from different material then the main tunic.

Best regards,
                          Remy <><

Comment

Hallo again! Tunic arrives me today... It is very fine, I believe in it 100%. There fine used condition, with many old dust in pockets, very fine old smell. I made a photo of eagle stiching, and need your opinion.
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is one picture I have.... Yours looks ok to me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

tunic

Late to the thread, but based on the pictures shown, that tunic has all of the attributes I would be looking for on a Dot pattern tunic. How about an internal picture of the belt supports and the back of the collar?

Marty
                                I love the beach.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X