SS M43 camo tunic, what you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS M43 camo tunic, what you think?

I have only this photos, but they I though can help us to recognize fake this tunic or not. The most questions what you think about threads style on belt hooks holes, stamping, liner, style of material, maybe etc. comments

sorry again this is all photos.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Uhu
            stamp
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Uhu,personally I like the markings of your last photo and I can go as far as to say that I like the tunic (I don't have an opinion about eagle...could be post war addition). However, wait for opinions of more qualified people than my self.

regards,
              Tony

Comment

re

Hello UHU normally the dot-pattern has five -differnt colours
                Depending on mixture of HBT and smooth cotton the colours can be different

But looking t this one I defently see SIX colours
                I won,t say that this must be a red flag but It is odd
                sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN VD HEIJDEN
                  Hello UHU normally the dot-pattern has five -differnt colours
                  Depending on mixture of HBT and smooth cotton the colours can be different

But looking t this one I defently see SIX colours
                  I won,t say that this must be a red flag but It is odd
                  Hi John,

I beleive your are talking about the three different shades of green. In this case, I personally think that this tunic was constracted by two different bunch of materials. Thus, the three different greens. The picture that shows the tunic from the back, i beleive, denotes the two different bunch of material used to compete the tunic (the left three green and the right side a third green). I could be wrong though, just an observation.

Tony

Comment

re

Hello Tony
                    Three different shades of green is normally
                    I see 4

Comment

Hello Tony
                      Three different shades of green is normally
                      I see 4
                      Hi John, I wisn my English would be better . Ok, I'll try one more time
                      John, take the picture that shows the jacket from the back. Now look the right panel of the tunic...three greens right,ok now look the left panel of the tunic three greens right. Now, we have 3+3=6. here is my assumtion: if this tunic was made by two different bunch of materials made by two different manufacturers then the greens would be different in shade. Actually I beleive that even the browns are different, I see 4 browns instead of 2, why because again two different bunch of material IMHO are used to constract this jacket.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TONY Q.W.
                        Hi John, I wisn my English would be better . Ok, I'll try one more time
                        John, take the picture that shows the jacket from the back. Now look the right panel of the tunic...three greens right,ok now look the left panel of the tunic three greens right. Now, we have 3+3=6. here is my assumtion: if this tunic was made by two different bunch of materials made by two different manufacturers then the greens would be different in shade. Actually I beleive that even the browns are different, I see 4 browns instead of 2, why because again two different bunch of material IMHO are used to constract this jacket.

Tony
                        Indeed if you only take the back-panel of the jacket that is designed from two different pieces
                        Take a look at the brown colours and the two dark green colours
                        and then compare them to the lightest-green colour on each side of the back

they are very very different comparing them to the other colours

Comment

Indeed if you only take the back-panel of the jacket that is designed from two different pieces
                          Take a look at the brown colours and the two dark green colours
                          and then compare them to the lightest-green colour on each side of the back

they are very very different comparing them to the other colours
                          Well, we have made common ground regarding the back of the tunic. Now, I beleive that the same goes with the front of the tunic (excluding pockets). One panel that carries the "lightest green" plus the two other greens (three altogether) and the other panel with three greens but the one green of a different shade of that of the "lightest green one If a panel, any panel of this jacket has had 4 different greens then I quess something was wrong, but the fact that each panel carries 3 greens (any shade of greens) then in IMHO is ok

John, this has become very interesting conversation and has been a pleasure to talk with you no matter what the outcome would be

Tony

Comment

The eagle is a good one.

Comment

Hi All,
                              there are details in this jacket that I like and others I don't!Markings look 100% genuine but there's something that makes this tunic a bit iffy to my eyes, even if I must honestly admit I cannot quite understand what this something is!Let's not forget that many fake/repro tunics have been made with genuine WSS camo HBT and that someone Mr. Fisher of Regimental's fame used to make "original"tunics out of tattered genuine ones!I'm not saying that this is the case, still there's something that doesn't look quite right!I'm sorry I cannot fully focus on that detail...it could be the photos....it could be me but even if the tunic looks ok(it probably is!) I'd check it over and over again before buying it!
                              Manny

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X