UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diebitsch #89 Allach candleholder - good one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diebitsch #89 Allach candleholder - good one?

are they repo'ing these yet?

this one lacks the detail and weight of others that I have had. Is this a good one but maybe from a different batch of production over the years?

all opinions welcomed - and PMs if you do not want to post an opinion.

thanks.
    Attached Files

#89 Allach leuchter

more
    Attached Files

Comment

Original.

Comment

Looks ok to me!

What models do we know are reproduced?

Comment

good and original

Comment

Very nice and I have a pair of them just like yours.

Comment

Thanks for the replies Thorsten, Dmv, bulld, and Erich.

I might ask, Erich, if you would mind either sending me or posting the bottoms of both of yours. I am interested if the circle under the candleholder resembles a noticeable square-like shape. Almost part square and psrt circle. And which direction the legs face in relation to the signature. And several other details I've been looking at. Do both of yours appear the same or do they have slight differences?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. R View Post
                Thanks for the replies Thorsten, Dmv, bulld, and Erich.

I might ask, Erich, if you would mind either sending me or posting the bottoms of both of yours. I am interested if the circle under the candleholder resembles a noticeable square-like shape. Almost part square and psrt circle. And which direction the legs face in relation to the signature. And several other details I've been looking at. Do both of yours appear the same or do they have slight differences?
                There were two different MMs on these candle holders and mine are each different which I was looking for. Will try and post pics later this week.

Comment

Two more marks
                  Attached Files

Comment

thanks Steve.

One of mine has the detail and definition like your bronzed one.

Here are some comparisons. Need forum feedback on the differences...esp. if anyone has either one of these 2 "types" in collections

Note the differences in:

1. the width feet on the bottom of the scroll leg - (one is thin and the other is wide/fat);
                    2. the scroll itself;
                    3. the thickness of the legs;
                    4. the detail on the runes and the 3 rings around the candle holder;
                    5. the depth of the signature;
                    6. the circle/square underneath surrounding the signature;
                    7. the defined line down the leg on one and the more blended appearance of this line on the other one;
                    8. one is heavy and the other is lightweight - FYI
                    9. The circular well on top that holds a candle has a larger circumfrence than the other one.

You cannot tell on these photos but the one on the right DOES have an octagon around the kulturzeichen Allach mark - so BOTH have that same mark.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Capt. R; 11-28-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Note the vast differences in that SCROLL FOOT! Really iknterested to know if other collectors have seen this difference or not.
                        Attached Files

Comment

the hole for the candle on the one on the left is larger than the one on the right
                          Attached Files

Comment

these are on Dennis Porrell's website. They have the detail. Another example without the detail is found on Kris' site.
                            Attached Files

Comment

from Kris L's site...seems to lack the detail as the ones shown above.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X