No announcement yet.

Wewelsburg Dinnerware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who exactly was that employee you were supposedly talking to?

And where should the cutlery have been in use at Wewelsburg castle before 1935?

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post

Thorsten, I will not mention names here.
      In 1933 the castle was already rented from the SS. Himmler was established a Reichsführerschule. Who was there before 1935. I don't know, we have not talking about the personal. Fact is: 1933 1934 the SS was there. You can believe me. I had an appointment there today. I had the cutlery there. And we have talked about.

Comment

In 1933 the castle was already rented from the SS. Himmler was established a Reichsführerschule. Who was there before 1935. I don't know, we have not talking about the personal. Fact is: 1933 1934 the SS was there. You can believe me. I had an appointment there today. I had the cutlery there. And we have talked about.

Double post , please delete
        Last edited by Vet44; 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Ridiculous.

Comment

I've received today an email that can be interesting for this thread, and can clarify some "odd" point on this thread:

Congratulations on ownership of pieces of the ONLY authentic pattern of
            Wewelsburg silverware. I've watched this forum for some time &
            you are the first to post the correct design, stamping &
            manufacturer.

Your pieces match the one-and-only official Wewelsburg Castle
            silverware - as shown in the following documentation:
            • “Heinrich Himmler’s Camelot” (by Cook/Russell, 1999) on page 190,
            • “Wewelsburg 1933-1945 : Kult und Terrorstaette der SS” (by Karl
            Hueser, 1982), on page 311,
            • the Wewelsburg Castle Museum’s 2011 publication “
            Endzeitkaempfer:Ideologie und Terror der SS” on page 195,
            • Hermann Historica Auction #60, lot# 3263, from Oct. 15, 2010.

Although I'm not a forum participant, you may post my comments if
            you wish.

Stephen Cook
            author, Heinrich Himmler's Camelot

This is the message Stephen Cook sent me today via email.
            As I wrote before, until some solid proofs will surface, the Wewelsburg pattern I posted is the only one I'm confortable with.

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
            - THE SS TK RING
            - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
            - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
            - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

I absolutely agree.

Comment

Ridiculous.
                "Congratulations on ownership of pieces of the ONLY authentic pattern of
                Wewelsburg silverware."

This is in my opinion not quite correct. It should read; "Congratulations on ownership of pieces of the ONLY known authentic pattern of
                Wewelsburg silverware."

A German proverb says: ( Was der Bauer nicht kennt frist er nicht )
                I would even accept all your objections raised but to say there is no occasion " All parts are wrong" is not right because the marking of the spoon does not look like a fake.
                Of course they looks different and he is not from manufacturer WMF.
                But who says that WMF was the only supplier ?. There are only a few known suppliers. WMF among others. The Burg was destroyed from SS Kommando shortly before the capitulation. First, the SS and later the Allied Troops have destroyed a lot of material and requisitioned. Afterward came the inhabitants of the village and took everything what glitters or use them in any instance. The manufacture of my two spoon is : WBC !!

All other claims are Ridiculous !! Think about it !!

Cheers Andi

Comment

The longer the expalination the less likely that the item is genuine.

Also the photo on post 4 has its problems as well. The stamped logo is not even in the centre of the handle. It is too far over to the right hand side.
                  Also please note that the second photo in post one has an issue, the runes are not even the same shape.

Comment

It's just about the Wewelsburg spoon..
                    Of course the details are not in the middle but I think that is no sign of fake.
                    Look to image from Antonio.
                    There the stamping are different also...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vet44 View Post
                        I can not comment on the silverware, as I am not versed in this area, however, I can comment that as to your statements on SS involvement, they are not "ridiculous" as unhelpfully stated.
                        It is documented fact that Himmler was interested in Wewelsburg by perhaps Jan. 1933.
                        In Nov. 1933 Himmler decided to purchase or lease it.
                        In Jan. 1934: 70 workers moved into the former youth hostel in the East wing to work on the castle moat, apparently for the SS.
                        In the summer of 1934 Manfred von Knoblesdorff had been appointed SS "Castle Captain" at Wewelsburg Castle.

So in fact someone could be using silverware while working for the SS at Wewelsburg by 1934.

So, while I dont know about YOUR silverware, your points about the SS involvement early on are not "ridiculous" by any means.

Comment

You don´t want to lecture me in regards to the history of Wewelsburg castle, do you?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X