No announcement yet.

Wodden SS box for Mein Kampf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought the post was disingenuous. But you have brought to my attention that I may have been unfair in my assessment...which I do prefer.

Comment

I must have been sleeping during class again.

I never knew that there were those who doubted the very existence of these boxes during the TR period. Interesting.

Comment

Thanks , I became confused!
        Maybe then the boxes were available for purchase in the canteen? Or perhaps just one shop that produced them for sale to SS men, lots of possible circumstances. But yes I would agree as we see more of these come from groupings then it would be unwise to totally discount them as period.
        I still think not connected to weddings or any kind of special occasion though, also it is possible that they might have been a post war item maybe from the 50s for instance made for former SS men.
        The one on this thread is now for sale, split from the rest of the grouping in to several chunks.

Comment

Originally posted by butschekantiques View Post
          The box is original to the grouping and I have no proof for it. Sometimes things just make sense.
          The antiques dealer did know he had an SS grouping of course but he did not value the "crafted wooden box" as we probably would. He is not on the internet and he is not involved in our hobby. He deals with other things but people bring militaria from time to time.

So it makes no sense to this man buys this box somewhere to add it to the grouping for nothing.

Klaus
          Superb original box Klaus. Congrats. I wish I had the funds to add a 3rd to my collection

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
            The one on this thread is now for sale, split from the rest of the grouping in to several chunks.
            I hate it when groups get split up for the profit.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
              I hate it when groups get split up for the profit.
              Which group?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                I don't see a reason why someone would produce any boxes post war, except to copy an original.

I like that ......
                Regards
                David

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  Which group?
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=704012

Comment

go for the money honey, who knows it it really belongs together, for sure not the buyer. And who knows the box is 100% original

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                      go for the money honey, who knows it it really belongs together, for sure not the buyer. And who knows the box is 100% original
                      Exactly!
                      As known..."never buy the story..just the item"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X