This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...I have a suggestion.

I have an original of this ultra rare piece in my collection. Not from "elite" standpoints but simply out of precaution for fakes, I will not show the back of this one. And I do not think the few collectors who have one, will.

This doesn't mean I do not want to help the forum menbers, in contrary.

The first picture shown in this thread shows the front of an original scull banner. So you know at least how the front looks.

If some one is so lucky of finding one the can buy or trade, they may send me a PM with the back of it...I'll tell you if it's good or not.

Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
      If you can't see my point then I am sorry. However, I am more interested in keeping some things safe than to broadcast them to those who would use the information against true collectors. I do the same with SS helmets, which is my personal collecting interest.
      ...I agree with you more than 100%,...but I expected this standpoint from you...looking at your collection I wouldn't have expected no other reaction.
      Pieter.
      SUUM CUIQUE ...
      sigpic

Comment

No i cant see your point Darrly so we will agree to disagree,however I will to get my hands on the breast decoration that i am trying to authenticate and will post the pics if at all possibe. And maybe if it is original it will help a new collector from being fooled into purchasing a fake.
        If you can't see my point then I am sorry. However, I am more interested in keeping some things safe than to broadcast them to those who would use the information against true collectors. I do the same with SS helmets, which is my personal collecting interest.
        I really cant believe some of you probobly the same when you were kids {no one was allowed to touch any of your toys either} "right"
        Last edited by sauerland; 08-14-2004, 05:43 AM. Reason: It`s mine mine all mine!

Comment

Originally posted by sauerland
          No i cant see your point Darrly so we will agree to disagree,however I will to get my hands on the breast decoration that i am trying to authenticate and will post the pics if at all possibe.
          After waking up this morning I was going to have a change of heart and email you the images privately for your own use. However, knowing your intention to post these pics I have changed my mind. You see...this is why I sometimes don't share.

Comment

How do we know yours is an original Peter? I will email you a pic of the back of mine but I need your e-mail address. I am wondering if all originals are the same or were there different makers.
            Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F
              How do we know yours is an original Peter? I will email you a pic of the back of mine but I need your e-mail address. I am wondering if all originals are the same or were there different makers.
              Kevin
              Because mine is the same as all other known originals.

You can send me a PM through the forum.
              Pieter.
              SUUM CUIQUE ...
              sigpic

Comment

yours M1/21? Marked in a particular fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayle F
                  yours M1/21? Marked in a particular fashion.
                  Answer sent by PM.
                  Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

time is valuable dont waste it

Darryl` like i said earlier you guy`s hold on to those pic`s guard them with your life .You see i am a little more tenacious than i think you might give me credit for I`ll get the info the old fashion way "book`s". This request I have directed to the forum is not for me personally a friend knowing i am a member asked me to inquire what other members though of his piece .To me it looks good with the exception of the pin, however i have seen the cheaper thinner style pins used on other original items before. Oh and by the way I respect what you and other`s opinion`s on this matter, so I wont be posting the pics if you and others feel that strongly about it.I have learned one thing though, where not to go when information is needed on SS Evening dress breast insignia..Sauerland
                    After waking up this morning I was going to have a change of heart and email you the images privately for your own use. However, knowing your intention to post these pics I have changed my mind. You see...this is why I sometimes don't share.
                    Last edited by sauerland; 08-14-2004, 02:50 PM.

Comment

...Sauerland,

feel free to send me a picture of it by PM, and I'll give you a straight answer on it's originality.
                      Hope this helps you .
                      Pieter.
                      SUUM CUIQUE ...
                      sigpic

Comment

"I have learned one thing though, where not to go when information is needed on SS Evening dress breast insignia..Sauerland"<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

This particular badge is VERY rare and command's a very high monetary amount when offered and it is also a very simply constructed badge as well.

I know this might be frustrating but not every detail is publicly displayed be it on forums or in books.

Also I do believe no one has said they would not help only they would not post pictures of the back, pieter has offered to vet the badge for you via e-mail or you can post the badge for opinions, so if you want to post the badge then post it for opinions

Now on that note I am closing this thread before it degrades.
                        cheers,
                        Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X