Clear All

SS Evening Dress Breast Insignia

some body can introduce ? thanks!

Welcome to http://www.1933-1945.net/dispbbs.asp...ID=7747&page=3

www.1933-1945.net

Totally fake /fantasy and maybe rearranged photo

Best Jens

Comment

I don't see any photos on the page for which you provided a link.

I'm not certain what you are asking.

This style of breast badge was worn on the SS evening dress uniform, as shown in the photo of the dress ensemble. This is reflected both by the color uniform plates in the NSDAP organization books, and by period photographs.

The example at the top is one about which I can't express an opinion. I have only ever seen one that I believed to be original, which did in fact have the red cloth behind the eyes.

The catalog page looks like one of the old "Delta International" catalogs from the 1960's, in which they sold repros of any number of German insignia.

Comment

Try this link, im sure it will answer most of your questions regarding the item in question.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41635

Regards

MArk

Comment

the real deal

the real deal
          <HR color=#cfb992 SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Any one out there that has a real breast insignia .I would be real interested to find out what markings are on the rear. The one i have looked at recently is also of thin metal . Double circles around RZM and a makers mark which i will have to get back to you on.
          The real question is the type of pins that were used to attach to uniform?, this one seemed to have a pin like the one pictured .Also has silver finish not matte.
          Any help would be appreciated .

Thank`s Bill , i am pretty sure that someone out there has the real Mcoy SS dress breast insignia i need to know more about pin arrangment on the back and any marking`s.

Comment

Thank`s for the link Mauser any little bit helps. Sauerland
            Originally posted by Mauser
            Try this link, im sure it will answer most of your questions regarding the item in question.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=41635

Regards

MArk

Comment

Well J got cleaverer today as well.

By the way , a friend of mine has a picture of a danish SS-Untersturmführer with a miniature Totenkopf 11 o`clock to his( only ) centered WB in Black.

This Totenkopf which he also have in his collection is about 1 cm wide ALSO with RED EYES . Maybe he will post it here.

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by sauerland
                the real deal
                <hr color="#cfb992" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Any one out there that has a real breast insignia .I would be real interested to find out what markings are on the rear.
                Unfortunately, so would the scum-bag fakers...who are probably patiently lurking here waiting for some unsuspecting fool to post a pic of the back of this ultra rare badge.

I don't have the badge itself but I do have an image of the back which stays right here with me.

Comment

"Unfortunately, so would the scum-bag fakers...who are probably patiently lurking here waiting for some unsuspecting fool to post a pic of the back of this ultra rare badge.

I don't have the badge itself but I do have an image of the back which stays right here with me."

I totally agree with Darrly here, this subject was raised about a month ago as well, and despite saying publicly i would not post/pass on these photo's i received over 20 pm's and e-mail's asking for them, now while i understand some of you want to know more about these and this is a learning forum there are something's which I and others will not pass on, this is not out of any elitism its a safe guard,

from what i see posted in the first post the top images is of an original, the photo copy is of a fake from a delta int catalogue.

cheers,
                  Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DALiang

some body can introduce ? thanks!

Welcome to http://www.1933-1945.net/dispbbs.asp...ID=7747&page=3

www.1933-1945.net
                    the one shown is a copy from those guys out of St. Louis that used to sell copies as copies...I think the company was WW2 ltd, they still may be around...I have heard though that a few of these originals did exist, John

Comment

Paranoia will destroy ya!

"Dang "I thought this forum was for sharing information?This breast insignia ended production at a minimium of 59 years ago. From what i understand the badge was heavily duplicated in the 60s and is still sold today. If it is such a heavily guarded secret how the pin back was made , i am sure the secret would have exposed some years ago.When a book goes to print on German collectable`s and nazi regalia I have never seen were the author covers up close up`s of the back of particular pieces as to keep some kind of secret?Yea i dont think Forman`s would have sold many books that way. I can buy the book over the counter. This forum is a little more restrictive in access.There will always be repro`s ,one of the important part`s of this forum is to be able to educate yourself to be able to spot them.When information stops due to repro distributors this forum has FAILED.

Comment

Originally posted by darryl-P
                        Unfortunately, so would the scum-bag fakers...who are probably patiently lurking here waiting for some unsuspecting fool to post a pic of the back of this ultra rare badge.

I don't have the badge itself but I do have an image of the back which stays right here with me.
                        "Yea" Darryl you bring those pic`s to the grave with you , this way when you die the pic`s and all info for other collectors dies to. Good idea

Comment

If you can't see my point then I am sorry. However, I am more interested in keeping some things safe than to broadcast them to those who would use the information against true collectors. I do the same with SS helmets, which is my personal collecting interest.

Comment

I will e-mail pics of an original with the proper rzm mark and number to the highset bidder

Comment

Just Kiddin Darryl

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X