Joachim Peiper marching video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joachim Peiper marching video

If you have seen this before please excuse - While looking at YouTube, I found this interesting video with a few seconds of Peiper marching with the LAH. Look at 00:15 to 00:24. Lots of slip-ons on shoulderboards but it seems very few wear the cuff title on combat tunics.

Anyone have an idea when/where this was filmed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PuAkdAXL5k

Werner Wolf is to his left (Ritterkreuztraeger).

Comment

This clip was filmed at Reggio Emilia, Italy 1943.

Comment

Markus - excellent ! Many thanks.

Comment

I am sure the boys who died at Malmedy think "he is one of the best officers of the third reich.".......

Comment

I can recommend 'Fatal Crossroads' by Danny S. Parker for a little more
            insight into the Malmedy masscre.

Comment

Cliffs notes? Lol give me a short synosis....

Comment

Good pictures. All they need to do is fire the idiots that made the sound track.

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
                  I am sure the boys who died at Malmedy think "he is one of the best officers of the third reich.".......
                  ....well...he was one of the best...
                  Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

The Malmedy story...

I have been lucky enough to meet a German veteran who was there and experienced the aftermath of this horrible event- his incarceration at Dachau and mock executions and beatings...

Happy reading...

He is a pleasant gentleman that has released several small documents about what really happened there. I am the proud owner of one signed copy.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                      Good pictures. All they need to do is fire the idiots that made the sound track.
                      I agree music is complete garbage on this video

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post
                        The Malmedy story...

I have been lucky enough to meet a German veteran who was there and experienced the aftermath of this horrible event- his incarceration at Dachau and mock executions and beatings...

Happy reading...

He is a pleasant gentleman that has released several small documents about what really happened there. I am the proud owner of one signed copy.

Regards

...don't tell me the Malmedy massacre was a made-up story
                        Pieter.
                        SUUM CUIQUE ...
                        sigpic

Comment

Well chris235, I would be very interested to know who your Malmedy vet. was and which small documents he released . I have been in contact with serveral who were there and whom experienced Schwäbisch Hall and Landsberg. Also met and corresponded with US Malmedy survivors. Please, do share your knowledge with us.

Jochen S.

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post
                            The Malmedy story...

Happy reading...

Regards
                            Hi,

I also met the veteran and he told me he was not present during the massacre at Malmedy.
                            He filed a complaint against a publishing house that published his picture in a book about the massacre. In this book he is mentioned as witness to the massacre.
                            I also have his book signed by him.

Regards
                            Phil.

Comment

Well no one is going to admit being there and i am shocked by comments saying he was the best.....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X