comments on LAH officer's board cypher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M Bando View Post

This very salty pair of captain's boards was submitted from the Ray Embree collection for inclusion in the Beaver Insignia book. Is it just me or does it appear that some of the openings are circular, drilled holes?
    Examples like this make me hesitate to classify drilled examples as postwar.
    Hi Mark,Those are cast copies also IMHO .

Drilled holes make these 1 look copies .There are much better attempts in circulation.

Cheers Steve

Comment

tgn...I am highly jealous of that one...no kidding.
      Last edited by John Pic; 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Mark the ones by Winkler actually looked tool drilled...that one may be a cast of one of those or one of the casts like Traders of the Lost surplus sells boxes of. The DF cypher tgn posted is what a real one looks like. Notice the filled in area above the middle arm of the F.
        Last edited by John Pic; 06-28-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Lah

Here are some real ones. I get tired of looking at Fakes.
          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Sample 'DF' page from Beaver Insignia book

Here's a sample page of the soon to be published SS Insignia book. Mike Beaver collected most of the photos before his passing. I have captioned them, formatted them and written a text and narrative for each chapter. All the insignia photos are in color and this sample is smaller than the actual size, which will be 8-1/2 x 11". The book covers only the German W-SS divisions and regiments but many insignia variants were contributed. For example the LAH chapter is over thirty pages. Ditto for the TK chapter and the DR chapter is almost as long. On this page, you can see the DF officer's board contributed by Steve Wolfe.
              The book will be available at the MAX this October and possibly sooner, via mail order.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Here are some real ones. I get tired of looking at Fakes.
                Perfect examples! Extremely difficult to locate!!

Martin

Comment

The cypher on that DF board looks good from a distance but they cast them from real ones now too.

Comment

I'm looking for an original 'LAH' cypher for NCO or Officer still and
                    pay top dollar. Pls PM.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                      Can you post a reverse view of this piece ?

Comment

Originally posted by M Bando View Post

This very salty pair of captain's boards was submitted from the Ray Embree collection for inclusion in the Beaver Insignia book. Is it just me or does it appear that some of the openings are circular, drilled holes?
                        Examples like this make me hesitate to classify drilled examples as postwar.
                        Mark,

Unfortunately all your pictures have disappeared from this thread. Could you please RE-post a picture of the LAH cyphers with drilled holes in them that you got from Ray Embree?

Thank you in advance
                        Last edited by Disco Partisan; 04-06-2016, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X