No announcement yet.

SS Collar Tab Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair we've had a lot lately with ...

Is it real or not ?
    It's a fake.
    Why ? How can it be a fake I got it from an old man who claims to be a veteran. I demand chapter and verse on why it's a fake
    Because it was never found before 1972 and was sold then as a reproduction.
    But it looks old.
    So do I and I'm from 1965 not 1945
    and so on and so forth. We get tired of it.

Comment

Black Light
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        To be fair we've had a lot lately with ...

and so on and so forth. We get tired of it.
        I'm from 1953 & I'm not old!!

Comment

There have been more than a few similar examples posted so not field made just fake.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
            Reproduction.
            Runes construction: Look at the uneveness of the runes themselves. The effort seems to be trying emulate the woven runic construction found on NCO and Officers tabs with the spurious utilization of this ribbed material for the runes to denote EM classification. Not even close. This is rank amatuerish attempt at insignia production.

Another heads up; look at the buckram. This type is found on a regular basis for reproduction SS collar tab insignia. Finally, mention regarding the sloppy fold over of the base material on the reverse needs to be stated.

Hopefully, this is enough of an explanation to give you a few facts on why this tab is a fake.

I suggest you avail yourself of the Search function. Key in SS Collar Tabs and plan to spend a few hours getting acquainted with this subject. Also try using the "Links threads of Interest" feature at the beginng of this forum. Access the Fake Uniform Insignia contained therein.

Charles Betz
            I feel this is very well put and explains why the tab is a copy
            'field made' and original unorthodox items exist but in my opinion this isn't one
            as mentioned by charles, the buckram reverse gives it away to me as a copy, sorry
            wisches

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X