SS Collar Tab Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tab Opinions

Picked this up today with a Medal.Looks good to me but no expert for sure.Would like to hear some opinions.
    Thanks
    Shawn
    Attached Files

IMHO

Comment

I don't like it

Comment

OK Why? Cant learn with out an explanation.

Comment

These are just not made the correct way or with correct materials and they do not conform to any style used....now that that is all said a thread full of originals could have been searched and used.

Comment

Originally posted by S. McKibben View Post
            OK Why? Cant learn with out an explanation.
            I couldn't agree more.

This tab is clearly different than anything that I've ever seen, but that does not mean its not original. We usually see fake officer tabs in wire bullion. These are enlisted. The runes are hand embroidered in yarn. A rarity for the fakers.

I have never seen this type of thread before, but we know that after the RZM left insignia to WSS discretion after 1942, these could very well be theater made.

How about it guys, some further opinons?

Comment

Originally posted by gary symonds View Post
              i couldn't agree more.

This tab is clearly different than anything that i've ever seen, but that does not mean its not original. We usually see fake officer tabs in wire bullion. These are enlisted. The runes are hand embroidered in yarn. A rarity for the fakers.

I have never seen this type of thread before, but we know that after the rzm left insignia to wss discretion after 1942, these could very well be theater made.

How about it guys, some further opinons?
              Thanks gary, I am not trying to put people out by helping just love this hobby and trying to learn a little more thought thats what the forums were for. This came with a small lot and everything else is good so never gave it a thought it would be bad.But if it is, so be it, I am not trying to get one over on anyone.Thanks for the help and have a good night.
              Shawn

Comment

Coll;ar Tab

Reproduction.
                Runes construction: Look at the uneveness of the runes themselves. The effort seems to be trying emulate the woven runic construction found on NCO and Officers tabs with the spurious utilization of this ribbed material for the runes to denote EM classification. Not even close. This is rank amatuerish attempt at insignia production.

Another heads up; look at the buckram. This type is found on a regular basis for reproduction SS collar tab insignia. Finally, mention regarding the sloppy fold over of the base material on the reverse needs to be stated.

Hopefully, this is enough of an explanation to give you a few facts on why this tab is a fake.

I suggest you avail yourself of the Search function. Key in SS Collar Tabs and plan to spend a few hours getting acquainted with this subject. Also try using the "Links threads of Interest" feature at the beginng of this forum. Access the Fake Uniform Insignia contained therein.

Charles Betz

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
                  I suggest you avail yourself of the Search function. Key in SS Collar Tabs and plan to spend a few hours getting acquainted with this subject. Also try using the "Links threads of Interest" feature at the beginng of this forum. Access the Fake Uniform Insignia contained therein.

Charles Betz
                  As Charles say's ... help yourself by research rather than expecting to be spoon-fed what's taken others years and sometimes considerable amounts of hard-earned money to learn the hard way.

Ian

Comment

Sorry to bother you all. Have a nice day.

Comment

welcome to WAF

Comment

Sorry to bother you all. Have a nice day.
                        Your not bothering anyone, you wanted an opinion you got it. A free education is a bit much to expect. Stick around and study.

Comment

If I was planning on collecting these I would study but Im not so didnt think it would hurt to ask. No problem, but I dont get snippy when someone asks me about AAF or Japanese stuff. Just a different collecting world, I like to talk about collectibles and my hobby but I guess not everyone does.
                          Nothing more said. Thanks again.

Comment

If I was planning on collecting these I would study but Im not so didnt think it would hurt to ask. No problem, but I dont get snippy when someone asks me about AAF or Japanese stuff. Just a different collecting world, I like to talk about collectibles and my hobby but I guess not everyone does.
                            Nothing more said. Thanks again.
                            well said

Cheers
                            Lars

Comment

I would be interested to see how this tab would go under a black light test?
                              Maybe a field made (as crude as it is) ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X