No announcement yet.

44 dot uniform set...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay Peter I took the measurements. The best I could do was 18in. I'm not sure what that is in centimeters and it would take me about 6 years to find a conversion on this computer. (very slow)

Comment

1 inch= 25.4mm
      18x25.4=457.2mm. With other words: 45.7cm

Cheers.
      Peter Wiking

Comment

I only took one measurement so Maybe I should take more later. I have read fakes run at 44cm. This one seems to be 46. Don't know whether that is good or bad as the say 50 with variation with originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis
          I only took one measurement so Maybe I should take more later. I have read fakes run at 44cm. This one seems to be 46. Don't know whether that is good or bad as the say 50 with variation with originals.
          Messure the jacket up against the sizemarkings. That would show if the jacket has changed in size from washing it. In this case smaller.
          I´m sure some fakers are aware of this to. Having the correct pattern is not the same as original, but could be one step closer to judge the jacket.

I had a fake one with 43 cm. That made each spot rather small as the whole design had been scaled down to fit around the newmade rolls.

Cheers.
          Peter Wiking

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Wiking
            Messure the jacket up against the sizemarkings. That would show if the jacket has changed in size from washing it. In this case smaller.
            I´m sure some fakers are aware of this to. Having the correct pattern is not the same as original, but could be one step closer to judge the jacket.

I had a fake one with 43 cm. That made each spot rather small as the whole design had been scaled down to fit around the newmade rolls.

Cheers.
            Peter Wiking
            The set looks as it has been washed. Unfortunately I can only make out a number here and there on the size markings. The have pretty much faded. I'll try again tomorrow.

heres one more pic of the inside of a tunic pocket..
            Attached Files

Comment

There are originals that have shrunk thus confusing the CM measurement in the pattern repeats. Elvis I am going to PM you on some of the criteria I have learned to look for on the DOT tunics that I don't want to talk about on the open forum for the reason most of us fear....

Marty
              I love the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyC
                There are originals that have shrunk thus confusing the CM measurement in the pattern repeats. Elvis I am going to PM you on some of the criteria I have learned to look for on the DOT tunics that I don't want to talk about on the open forum for the reason most of us fear....

Marty
                Sounds good.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Elvis.
                  Let us know how it ends up.

Cheers.
                  Peter Wiking

Comment

For what it is worth, I just measured 2 of my tunics a smooth cotton and a hbt piece wit the following:Smooth-46 cm HBT-45.8 cm / from my viewpoint the set looks GOOD to me, but I've said that before.
                    David
                    Last edited by david w; 07-27-2004, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks David, Peter, and Marty. I think I can lay this issue to rest. Unquestionable set.

Comment

decided to bring this back from the dead to see if alls holding up well.

Comment

Total fake .
                          These set burned many French collectors ten years ago and was later "distribued" by manion's,N&T, and ...some reputable dealers

There is many details wrong on these..but , just a first remark about the lining..have you ever seen a Italian vvvv grey satin similar to this one ?

Please to compare with the classical and real one,you will find many example on this forum .

Regards
                          Last edited by alexandre; 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM.

Comment

This is an older repo set .
                            These sets came out at least 15 years ago .
                            If not couple of years more than that .
                            I have seen some good friends burned by them back around this time .
                            There was also a panzer set in the same fabric floating around the same time .

A set was bought from Tredwin in the 1990s as real .
                            This was in London .

owen
                            Last edited by kammo man; 07-01-2009, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is Fake indeed. IMO the best fake ever made but still fake. BTW the distance between repeated printed camo-pattern (between two exactly the same spots) on this fakes is identical to originals.

Comment

Well hell that kinda makes me sick. I didnt pay going rate and enough time has passed to were it doesnt hurt as bad. But it still hurts. I should have known better. the guy was a douche. Older guy that said his dad brought it back from germany in the 50's. I can wear the pants but the top is way to small. Odds are Ill probably never get a real set now.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X