No announcement yet.

Two Bullion Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To chime in, I also reacted on the odd gause weave of the reverse, and on both eagles.

Manzies eagle is nothing like these and should not be used for comparisons here.

I prefer this style of eagle closer to the well known version of this style of eagle, often shown on this forum and also in Angolias book. There exists versions of course, but I would not personally prefer them to be too wild. These eagles are usually pre war eagles and in some cases with the matching cloth rzm tag. I have never seen this "style" with a paper tag before.

I dont think I would have bought them, unless from a super solid vet source.

Arran;

How can you tell they have the same unterlagen as the later rzm bullion eagles?

Cheers
    //Felix
    Last edited by Felix; 05-18-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post

Arran;

How can you tell they have the same unterlagen as the later rzm bullion eagles?

Cheers
      //Felix
      Because I have examined an example of this type of eagle that was so badly corroded and rotten that certain details of the unterlagen were visible. I always keep an un-used example of an unterlagen to use for comparison purposes...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        Because I have examined an example of this type of eagle that was so badly corroded and rotten that certain details of the unterlagen were visible. I always keep an un-used example of an unterlagen to use for comparison purposes...
        Thats a luxury few of us have. I have seen a few loose unterlagens for sale.
        However when "matched" against actual eagles it is sometimes hard to believe they all used the same unterlagen. I would not dismiss that there did exist a different unterlagen. One should keep in mind that a number of embroidering firms made these eagles. If all used the same, well, possible, but I think more than one pattern of unterlagen was used. One can compare with the so called Karl Wolff style eagle, and it uses an unterlagen as well.

Just my observations and thoughts.

Cheers
        //Felix

Comment

Here's some better views of the eagle front -
          Attached Files

Comment

Reverses - the wing feather lines lack thread, but are very nicely executed.

regards, Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

If these are apparently meant to resemble an early war eagle, then the execution of embroidery should be more precise.
              Also the wings seem to be too narrow for my liking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X