Two Bullion Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Bullion Eagles

These are absent the black wing outlines, have unterlagen, and appear to be originals. What do our kings of bullion think?

regards, Robert
    Attached Files

Hmmm - I am fairly confident these are original. They are not the typical wartime pattern, obviously, but is anyone familiar with this style?

Comment

Eagle

Yes, here is an example that is close.
      Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that looks like a similiar breed of eagle alright.

Comment

The type shown by Peter Manzie is a superbly made example of the type worn by Sepp Dietrich only his was done in gold . Yours on the other hand are not as well made and its possible they are real but they are a different style. The fact they are both missing their paper backing and they are near identical, except ones body is a bit flawed, bothers me a little bit. This style has been faked but the unterlagen is a good sign.

Comment

Eagle

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
            The type shown by Peter Manzie is a superbly made example of the type worn by Sepp Dietrich only his was done in gold . Yours on the other hand are not as well made and its possible they are real but they are a different style. The fact they are both missing their paper backing and they are near identical, except ones body is a bit flawed, bothers me a little bit. This style has been faked but the unterlagen is a good sign.
            I agree ! Definitely not a "one looker".

Mike

Comment

Not a excellent quality originals IMO

Comment

Thanks for commenting fellows, I respect your views on these. I think if I scaled the photo to the same size as the one mounted on the sleeve, the two eagles I showed would not look different than Peters' in term of quality.

Once I've done that, we can get a better comparative look at the quality. I believe they are about the same, but we will see.

Don't know about the paper backing, and it doesn't look like they ever had it. Both these were mounted by the vet on a piece of wood, and I don't know by what method but I don't think the back came off when removed. Perhaps more clues once I get a good look at them in hand.

Thanks again for commenting!

regards, Robert

Comment

Robert the upside down eagle shows the quality of the one posted by Peter Manzie...if you got them from a vet source I would not worry.

Comment

Thanks John, I agree.

regards, Robert

Comment

Robert,

You need to blow all the crumbs and debris out of your keyboard. Nice eagles,

Richard

Comment

Thanks Richard!

Not my keyboard though, it's the sellers. With teenage sons in the house, mine is considerably more disgusting.

regards, Robert

Comment

The unterlagen is not the standard RZM template.
                          If these are original I would presume foreign made, or outside the realms of RZM.

Comment

No these are early RZM made this type can be found mint with a tag in a few collections out there. As I said Sepp dietrich used the style on most of his tunics.

Comment

And the unterlagen on this style eagle IS the same as the one on the so called RZM pattern. It goes to show that even with a standard template there can be many interpretations...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X