SS Collar Tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Collar Tab

New addition from a reliable source. Correct me if I'm wromg but what I know about this tab its a foreign volunteer (Croatian) Since it has lines on the reverse is it a Dachau or not.

Reverse

I hear these tabs are common, Your opinions would be appreciated. This denotes the 13th SS Handschar, right. Thanks
    Last edited by Ed Tainton; 07-15-2004, 08:49 PM. Reason: add words

Comment

Waffen-Gebrigs-Division der SS "Handschar" (kroatische Nr 1), sorry I don't have the expertise to help you with the rest of your request

Comment

An absolutely original Coatian Handschar collar tab of the type encountered from Dachau.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Deleted due to this member being fictitious and the information he provided was a lie
          Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I see allot 13ss tabs all over the place don’t know where they all come form. I am from Croatia never sow any here not even Croatian shields that are all over the place as well. Where were they all found in German factories or are most fakes?

Comment

The story I heard was that the good fakes of SS foreign volunteer tabs either came out of New Jersey some years back or where made elsewhere and distritubed by a dealer from New Jersey. I have heard the fakes from New Jersey were well done but have no info on how to distinguish them from the originals.

The tab pictured looks fine to me and a ton of real unissued tabs, shields and cloth were found at Dachau....I know Bob had a few great Dachau vet buys.

John

Comment

There are two things happening here. There is direct veteran evidence that 'Dachau Tabs' did exist and were brought back. People who peddle in repros attached the 'Dachau Tab' story to the repro they were making and selling creating all this controversy.

The construction on the Dachau tabs is different than the one above which isnt even embroidered nicely.
                I dont like the one posted above and dont believe it is geniune.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the tab posted.

cheers,
                  Gary
                  Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2004, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood
                    I see nothing wrong with the tab posted.

cheers,
                    Gary
                    Go with Garys opinion as I am probably wrong but for me I dont like the embroidery that is all.
                    Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2004, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Looks like an original to me, and nothing like a Delta tab.
                      Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

my collector feelings are telling ME "don´t buy this shown Handschar tab". For my knowledge it is for sure that the "Dachau" style exist and where found 45´in the Dachau baracks close to Munich. When I look around on the market it is true that much from this style is offered, and I haven´t spotted out any fakes yet from the known dealers. But this tab is for my opinion a little different to my known Dachau style. When I remember back and for not so long time ago there was the cufftitle "Horst Wessel" often found, but now it it is much harder to find this title. And I guess it´s the same with the Dachau insignias, veterans are passing buy this time and also the first very old collections getting sold and show up on the market now. Maybe about this certain "Hort" founds getting sold now.
                        Last edited by Gary Wood; 09-01-2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I concede Gary's expertise in W-SS cloth - but I must say that on first glance, I shared Robert and Lloyd's concerns. The weave looks very sloppy indeed and the insignia seems overly large for the tab. It certainly doesn't look like the tabs illustrated in Angolia's work. However...I am far from an expert in W-SS insignia.

Mike

Comment

SS tab

I have purchased the tab not only because of the opinions in this thread. The seller told me it was purchased from Mr. Angolia. (Love him or hate him) The controversy on SS items is still challenging as it was in the 50's when I first started to collect. We would shy away from SS items unless it came from a veteran (There were lots German veterans in my area but not all would admit to being SS ) This thread will help all collectors. Thanks for your opinions

Comment

Personally, I've never liked the 'Dachau' tabs. But that's just an opinion, and I know most disagree with it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X