Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try again.....sorry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by giorgio; 07-24-2004, 01:10 PM.

Comment

That metal set is just hideous!
      100% fake!

Best, Chris

Comment

That goes ditto for the machine-embroidered/BEVo combo!

Comment

I would not have the insignia, for that overseas cap or that visor hat, in my collection.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

"I would not have the insignia, for that overseas cap or that visor hat, in my collection."

Ditto!

cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Ss

Hi

Question on Kai's stuff!

I don't check his site out but what does he think of these items when told?

On his good ones how much do they bring
              and any pics!

Thanks

PaulV.

Comment

He once told me the SS sidecap insignias are real and a rare late war variation.

Comment

By the way: I would not want them either.

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm ......... So all that glitters on Kai's site is not gold ... ? David

Comment

Kai is pretty high on most the eagles and skulls, but I bought one of his eagles for approximately $400.00 US, (including shipping).
                      Most of them are more around $550.00. You must register to view the pics.
                      Best, Chris

Comment

I am sure Kai, like any other dealer, thinks he knows what he is doing, and makes an occasional bad call. Look how much SS insignia he posted and how many items looked to be bad? Just a few pieces. There was some pretty rare insignia sold from that big lot. Nobody is perfect in this hobby. We all make mistakes. Kai has had some extremely rare items including all of Otto Baum's insignia, papers, RK and Soldbuch.
                        Every dealer maked mistakes, that is why we need established collections and proven pieces for comparison.
                        How about that SS officer sidecap on page 26 of Gary Wilkin's "The Collector's Guide to Cloth Third Reich Military Headgear" with the cheesy droopy eye fake flatwire skull. This cap was sold by another dealer, Bill Shea, and featured in this book. Nobody questioning his judgement on that one?
                        So everything that glitters is not gold anywhere in my opinion.
                        Jerry

Comment

True, but most of his SS honor rings are fake and he has a lot of other fake items. Bottom line, you should try to learn as much as you can, so that you will know what you are buying, regardless of who the seller is, or how honest they are because anyone who sells a large variety of military items, leaves much room for mistakes, even if they are 100% honest.
                          Last edited by SScollector; 07-25-2004, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X