X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS visor eagles!

Hi all,
    For you guys who are looking for real SS visor eagles in great condition,
    Kai Winkler has quite a few on his website. All of the ones that are there now, are 100% real and he has some very rare variations. Just do a search for:
    "Metallhoheitsadler zur Schirmmütze für SS-Führer"

The website is: www.nordheideversand.de

Best, Chris

SS Visor Eagle .......

I have to say I feel it strange that a few years ago this particular type of marked eagle 499/42 M1/72 wasn't heard of and now they are coming to light after so many years. I would like to know how many of the older collectors (those collecting for 20 or so years) amongst us actually have them in their collections ..... ? David

Comment

I have two friends that have had them for over 30 years.
      They are 100%.
      Best, Chris

Comment

I think Kai Winkler has been collecting this stuff a long time and must have a huge collection of insignia.

Comment

499/42 M1/72

I for one have never seen these before (yes I have been collecting this stuff
          20 plus yrs) I also find it odd that these are dual marked , why when the RZM
          system is past its sell by date, go back to placing an unnessacary RZM mark
          on these eagles, when previously on their TK`s the SS contract No. / yr.(499/41) was only provided ,quite correctly for that period ?

Comment

The reason that none of you have ever seen these before, is because these type eagles are 20 times rarer than the other Zimmermann variations as I stated in an earlier thread. I just bought one from Kai Winkler and it is super. The front side is the exact same Zimmermann die stamp.
            Best, Chris

Comment

rare ?

Originally posted by SScollector
              The reason that none of you have ever seen these before, is because these type eagles are 20 times rarer than the other Zimmermann variations as I stated in an earlier thread. I just bought one from Kai Winkler and it is super. The front side is the exact same Zimmermann die stamp.
              Best, Chris
              If there so rare how is it Mr,Winkler has so many?
              Cheers
              Martin

Comment

Cap Eagle .....

My thoughts exactly ........ I would also like to mention, having one of these in your collection for approx 30 years will take you back to 1974 .... As already stated I for one have only known of their exsistance from the past few years. My question still stands. David

Comment

Bottom line David;

Mr. Winkler has several very rare SS eagles for sale and they are 100% original.
                  Ask anyone who knows SS eagles and they will tell you the same thing. Hope this helps! Chris
                  Last edited by SScollector; 07-17-2004, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Kai Winkler's eagles are all originals. The double marked 499/42, M1/72 eagles are known originals and a very scarce type. I know Kai has collected SS insignia for years and is starting to sell off some of his holdings. I bought numerous cuff titles from Kai, and have been very pleased with every one of them.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Cap Eagles........

Because I haven't seen many of this particular type of eagle in the past, I would like to ask if these are so Scarce and rare " why are they " ..... ? I would of thought that these, like other cap badges would have been manufactured and mass produced in their 1000's ..... ? David

Comment

There are many types of SS hat eagles and skulls that are considerably more rare than the common M1 52 and M1 72 marked types. I am sure I have not seen then all either. How many DSM marked skulls have you seen? I have seen 3, in 40 years. Just because they are not all over does not make them fake.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                          ... Just because they are not all over does not make them fake.
                          Bob Hritz
                          No...quite to the contrary!

Comment

Eagle ......

So not many was made then .... ??? David

Comment

hi everyone.....

I would like just to ask you......
                              Do you think these eagles and tk are original?
                              Thanks a lot
                              Giorgio
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by giorgio; 07-24-2004, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X