Scarce Waffen-SS Sturmbannführer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
    And what a mess of an upgrade tab for an officer of that rank,its just nasty.
    Agreed, the odd-one-out pip also looks older than the matching 3.

Basically I like the tunic itself and the cloth but not the insignia (except the straps ... but I know very little about straps anyway).

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by sunny59 View Post
      Like to share some shots from a SS officer for your appreciation.
      This is a private made uniform and the question is what really we have here.
      Incredible rank and decoration as seen in the pictures.
      So be my guest with your impression
      What is the full story from the seller?

Comment

I think this same tunic, indeed the same photos were posted well over a year ago as I have definitely seen this one before....It was formerly on Bill Shea's site yeah?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I would not dismiss any of the insignias..pips were pips any pip would do for an upgrade no one would worry about when the pip was made.

The runes are unusual but I have seen this style on two other occaisions.

and recently in another thread we have seen two similar eagles on different tunics....in different collections. Also based on what I have seen in many tunics I think tailors measured down from the shoulder to place the eagles sometimes they end up a bit high sometimes a bit lower depending on how the tunic is tailored.

Comment

This may be the same type of Eagle...possibly.
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...22#post5144222

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                Sunny59,

See if you can get a close-up of the rank tab straight on too...I'm trying to figure out what happened in the middle of it.

Overall I am not at ease with this tunic, I would need a lot more close-ups for a decent evaluation.

Richard
                There was (supposedly) a pip there before the man was promoted to Sturmbannfuhrer. It would be interesting to see the underside of the collar.
                The tunic is real, but whether it ended the war in this configuration is in doubt. I kind of like the tabs except for the angle of the bullion strands over the unterlagen. Generally they should go straight from the inside corner directly to the opposite point, but I have seen exceptions. The eagle is strange, but not totally bogus. I'd also like to see it without the badges. The lack of a cufftitle could be a good sign, but really doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Here IS the same type of eagle sewn on an original tunic...I knew I had seen one before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I don't think this was on Bill Shea's website. I keep up with it pretty close for old times sake. I don't like the insignia... the boards look okay but their on the wrong shoulders --- should be reversed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X