X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Very well done.

Michael,

To your comment 11: This symbol is the traditional crest for the guild of painters (including other branches of creative arts) in the Heiliges Römisches Reich deutscher Nation - one of the earliest documents bearing that symbol dates from 1350 in the southern city of Freiburg.

More info here:

http://www.heraldik-wappen.de/viewtopic.php?p=6073
    Thorsten,
    thanks for giving me this info.
    I cant make that heraldry site work for me, but I dont need it to search out
    "the traditional crest for the guild of painters" in the German Holy Roman Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      Kris, in an attempt to err on the side of less verbage (somthing I am not usually known for), I think I can address all your points focusing on this quote I take from you:

"...The poster is subjective and Michael is looking hard at it, not so sure I would. Its a nice poster and must be rare but its an indication of alliance of the SS and artisans, cant say that is new really..."

First , I never meant to infer my points on the relations to SS , art and propaganda were in any way "new" or goundbreaking," instead it is what I am interested in.
      Second, the poster is advertising an official SS art exhibit . The SS had literature on their own theories on art. And especially on art for themselves. In being art for themselves (the SS) it had every angle possible touched on , from academic art theory to strict doctrinaire Goebbel's style of political meanings to the more mystic and religious type of discussion s which the SS sometimes engaged in and art can always lead to.

And this is my brief answer
      Michael,

It's fine Michael, I picked a small quote on the propaganda and went off topic a bit myself and then realized I opened a hornets nest and cringed at the debate prospect.

Nice poster and certainly attractive.

Best,

Kris

Comment

That seems to be a great restoration job. Lovely poster design too.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          Here is the poster as it looks in bright light-just before I framed it in glass with archival foam backing.

Very nice restoration job Michael.

Comment

Great restoration work, nice poster.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X