UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinion for SS -Leather Overcoats 2 pice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phild View Post
    IMO both of the coats posted are pre-45 military officer coats...and very nice examples.
    I agree with Phild.
    I had one (Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt marked ) with the same "football" simulated leather buttons (in fact steel!)
    Nice examples, both of them!

Comment

#

After looking at the extra pictures just posted, I tend to agree. The first coat does appear to be original.
      The buttons etc never worried me, just the fact the label was different and had a different address for the company.
      Only explaination is this is an earlier coat, and they moved premises during the war....
      These coats are under appreciated and are still a reasonable price for what they are.....also they make a great display with belt/buckle and holster, a nice visor cap and a pair of boots under them!

Regards,
      Brett

Comment

thanks Phild -for your greet information !
        thanks for your contributions !
        here photos from the buttons !
        Helmut .
        Attached Files

Comment

Nick and Brett have also posted a lot on these coats as has Stonemint and a few others. There is probably more information and photos of these on this forum than in all other sources combined.

One thing to note is that with the detachable buttons, the shanks come in two different lengths. The functional side of buttons has the longer shanks and the non-used side has shorter shanks to keep them closer to the coat for looks.

I think that Himmler used these metal "football" pattern buttons on his coat as did other SS officers.....but they are mostly associated with LW....I have a KM worn coat (RK bearer) with these as well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X