No announcement yet.

SS Numbered Tab Opinions? :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too like the 1 tab ... even though the runes are slightly out of line. I am just a bit confused why its not liked by others ?
    Regards
    David

Comment

Study study, bullion is the most danger in this hobby as it can be.

Comment

ss1

Can anybody show me another example of SS insignia with a cloth bevo dated 1938? Quite a number of years ago Manions had some of these 1938 dated cloth tags for sale but where different than this one , they where on a roll and did not have the "ST" . I bought three of them , think I will find them and get back to the Forum with the outcome.

Comment

These was done by hand workers, but not a machines, the embroidery allways is different, misplacing the runes - may be a bad day for the embroiderer
          Any way I like this tab

Comment

The shape of the runes and the condition got me a bit worried. As for the shape of the runes, they are not "really" on par. That could be for many reasons, as hand embroidery varied etc. However they do not really match any real verified "not so tilted" early runes I have seen so far. Others might feel different. Thats fine.

As for the buckram I have no problem with that. Just a darker shade and different glues/lacquers were used and also the actual ageing has to be taken in to the context. As Mr Toncar asks for, other cloth rzm tags from 1938, I think that is a valid question. I have never seen any "St" cloth tag dated 1938. In fact the shape of the "St" makes me worried. That is because of the shape of the "St" itself. It might be because of wear, but then again, the rest of the tab looks minty. I have seen normal 38/38 dated cloth tags though. I wonder what Mr Toncar thinks about these 38/38 dated cloth tags (no "St" - and not all embroidery works had the "St"). According to Angolias book the swap from cloth tags to paper tags was around 1937/1938 or perhaps in 1938, so that could make sense.

Just my observations.

All in all, I would not have bought the rune tab in question. Probability...

//Felix

Comment

Ss

Thank you to all who took the time to contribute to this thread. It is greatly appreciated

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

Generally if my opinion on an item differ's from Bob Hritz's, I change my opinon.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X