SS M40 Officers Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Thanks for all the help on the hat, thank you all very much!

Comment

Maybe these are accepted by you guys but that stitching is atrocious. I would not buy one. If authentic, it lowers the value quite a bit more than say a Clements Wagner product.

If it is authentic, and as Kevin says - typical of one company - and I was in charge of that company, whoever sewed through the emboidery of the insignia like that, would be fired immediately.

I've seen better sewing work done by slave labourers than that mess.

Just my opinion of course.

Let the continue......

Comment

The hat looks as far as I can see Textbook, the contributions from collectors in Europe and USA confirm that. Guess it is pretty hard to "copy" a more or less taylor made cap - all cap as this one will have theyr own individualistic marks: As for this company; the insignia was done by machine; other producers made the hand sewing variant. Dont think it could make a difference in any way ... The referance books also support this cap. Guess the hat is 100% Good!
        Best Thormod

Comment

Das ist Richtig !! Billbert

Comment

You never know Tony these caps could have had the insignia applied by slave labor who didnt give at fat rats ass.

Comment

At least the insignias are fine originals, and that tells a little bit IMHO. Real flat wire sets are rare to find, and especially the skull.

If someone would reattach insignias post war he is either a very serious collectors using hard to find original insignias, or he would have used normal BeVos in order to make a profit.

Trying to reason in the logic way here. I would be much more careful if the cap would have had the normal BeVo insignias.

//Felix

Comment

I am very pleased that this thread has been cleaned-up by the Moderators....thank you!
                I really like the look of the SS overseas cap (originally posted) and I would like to learn as much as I can from this thread.
                I really enjoy and certainly learn from any true discussion, what I call a "critical analysis", of any piece open for this sort of comment and/or debate by all.
                Even though I have only 70 posts....I have been collecting TR memorabilia since the mid-1960s... so I am not so "wet behind the ears".
                I would still like to hear the thoughts and opinions from BenVK (Lenny) along with anyone else who understands the meaning of the term to '"critically analyze".
                I look forward to any and all value added comments and opinions regarding this cap from the collecting community.

Regards,
                Vilja
                Last edited by Vilja; 09-23-2011, 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

With max respect of all...
                  these side caps are all ORIGINAL. DOT. And i would underline...

DOT

Comment

I gave my opinion as per the stitching and the ghost on the cloth of where another eagle used to be IMO based on the photos.

If no one else can see it, no problem with me and to be honest, I don't place that much importance on so called "originaly applied" insignia anyway or the premium that some seem to think it's worth. I just didn't get a chance to say so on this thread because, as aften happens, someone comes along with just one intention and that is to mouth off without offering anything of value in return.

No matter, NBolinger knows and understands where I'm coming from and has been nothing less than a total gentleman about it.

Comment

I have noticed the SS forum and the helmet forum contain the most animosity and most arguing which always degenerates into insults and accusations. I stay away from posting anything in either of these as I do not want the drama when all I needed was information.

Something to consider.

Comment

it's not true... the truth is not so crude; but, it's true there are some problems and a lot of people (and i'm one of them) prefer to show collections in other places.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X