No announcement yet.

SS-SD Tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that the isignia.. all of them.. are in too good of condition for that tunic. This alone makes me question the whole set up. Maybe original pieces, tunic included; but they've most certainly been a much more recent add-on.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Comment

For me;
      original tunic with nice insignia but mis-match....(played with,incorrectly restored)
      Like Peter stated: remove the SD diamond and it would make more sense!

OR (open neck tunics would work better for SD)

Swap out the SS tabs with blank tabs for SD so it matches the SD diamond (raute) but than you would probaby have to replace the shoulderboards
      with toxic green SD farbe boards for SD branch as already stated by another member.

Either way good base tunic with killer tailor tag...just some insignia mis-match issues...easily restorable piece!! (for those who don't mind fixer-uppers)

Comment

Sd

Originally posted by NickG View Post
        For me;
        original tunic with nice insignia but mis-match....(played with,incorrectly restored)
        Like Peter stated: remove the SD diamond and it would make more sense!

OR (open neck tunics would work better for SD)

Swap out the SS tabs with blank tabs for SD so it matches the SD diamond (raute) but than you would probaby have to replace the shoulderboards
        with toxic green SD farbe boards for SD branch as already stated by another member.

Either way good base tunic with killer tailor tag...just some insignia mis-match issues...easily restorable piece!! (for those who don't mind fixer-uppers)
        Nick, someone pointed out that the SD diamond was thread. If that's true, it would not go with the tunic. IMO, at one time, that was a killer tunic!

Comment

Reminds me of this tunic, i once had. Not as a Brigadeführer but as a Obersturmbannführer.

SS+nsfk-brif.jpg
          Last edited by Jon-Olav Holden; 06-23-2011, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Isnt this getting interesting now?

Comment

The tunic is real, the insignias are real, the runic tab appears to be a later war wire tab for officers the tunic is an early style tunic...Frankenstein all the way with an odd ball eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                The tunic is real, the insignias are real, the runic tab appears to be a later war wire tab for officers the tunic is an early style tunic...Frankenstein all the way with an odd ball eagle.
                Agreed,

nice original pieces put-together...

Comment

A sure put together, and good as confirmed as such. (Thanks to a collector from Norway with eyes open and good memory). Cheers to you!

Would one speculate that all the insignias used for this restoration or fraud attemt to be unquestionable original?

Some we can see that are fine. Like the rune tab. That is a inexpensive rune tab BTW. Sleeve eagle? Who on this planet can honestly tell? Strange one, and seemingly well made, but original as stated is not confirmed. Out of probability that fakes are not made this way, well then, it could be real. Still not confirmed.

Old fighers IMHO is not a confirmed original IMHO. At least not to my knowledge. Perhaps I am wrong. The ones I have seen and owned had fatter black lines, and not like this one.

Anyway, a honest restoration project or a fraud attempt? I do not know. Still it is exposed.

//Felix

Comment

not the same tunic

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by judas View Post
                      not the same tunic
                      Agree.

Comment

jacket

Nice SD Jacket!
                        Last edited by NBolinger; 06-23-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by NBolinger View Post
                          Nice SD Jacket!
                          We're referring to the subject tunic of this thread. The 2 tunics pictured just above are the same.
                          Oops! Never mind.
                          Last edited by PMan; 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I would guess this was slapped together by a collector, given that it is easy to spot the errors in insignia.

Don

Comment

Insignia

Looking closer at the diamond, it appears to be bullion. Looks nice!
                              Wasn't that eagle posted recently. The wreath and swastika look familiar for some reason. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by judas View Post
                                not the same tunic
                                I agree!
                                I am sorry that I mixed the jackets shown as comparison in the photo just above and the initial jacket posted in this thread. My mistake! I was too fast.

Still the questions about the insignias are valid IMHO.

Cheers,
                                Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X