• Show
Clear All

SS runes tab combined with SD raute ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
      SS runes tab combined with SD raute ?
      I am also not convinced. Jacques

Comment

I don't like it a bit; neither the runic tab nor the eagle nor the old fighters chevron nor the complete set-up...
        Sorry.

Comment

Not the correct insignia for an SD officer tunic - or any SD tunic.

Don

Comment

Tunic, etc.

IMO, the tunic is real, along with the insignia including the old fighters chevron.
            Odd placement of the SD DIAMOND however. Perhaps a collector added it to make the tunic more interesting.

Comment

I love that tailor label, Adolf-Hitlerstrasse in Litzmannstadt, very neat. The base tunic looks like an original garment to me, I cannot comment on the insignia.

Comment

I'll add my two cents worth....I don't like the Rune tab, sleeve eagle, or "Alte Kampfer" Chevron, and is that a cotton SD sleeve diamond? .....strange that the tunic has so much overall mothing but no damage to the Insignia...(which usually is the more "tastey" parts the moths/larva love the most!) and the makers tag is too good to be true.....(possible of course!)

Shakey at best....would need alot better pictures before I'd jump into the fire....and so far I'm not impressed, not even counting the damages.
                John G.

Comment

Chevron

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
                  I'll add my two cents worth....I don't like the Rune tab, sleeve eagle, or "Alte Kampfer" Chevron, and is that a cotton SD sleeve diamond? .....strange that the tunic has so much overall mothing but no damage to the Insignia...(which usually is the more "tastey" parts the moths/larva love the most!) and the makers tag is too good to be true.....(possible of course!)

Shakey at best....would need alot better pictures before I'd jump into the fire....and so far I'm not impressed, not even counting the damages.
                  John G.
                  John,
                  Without going to the other insignia, what don't you like about the old fighters chevron?

Comment

hmmm..

The base tunic looks good, but the boards should be piped in a "toxic green" for the SD, correct?

The SS tab (if good & original), the boards, and the odd placement of the SD diamond makes me wonder if someone put that on later...
                    "We all have it coming, Kid" ("Unforgiven")

Comment

SD diamond

Originally posted by billmunny View Post
                      The base tunic looks good, but the boards should be piped in a "toxic green" for the SD, correct?

The SS tab (if good & original), the boards, and the odd placement of the SD diamond makes me wonder if someone put that on later...
                      If you take the SD diamond out of the equation, the rest makes sense.

Comment

It does not look as if the insignia has been on that tunic for 60+ years. Jacques

Comment

The eagle is a-normal, the chevron looks to be thicker than usual, the straps have white waffenfarbe yet the tunic is the SD style cut.

Can't help but think this is a composition piece.

Ian

Comment

Did you mean "compost piece", Ian?

Don

Comment

Tunic

Tunic appears to be a standard, non-specific 4 button open collar SS tunic with nice lower slash pockets.

Comment

For me, the tunic and all insignia or original, perhaps just put together post-war. Nothing wrong with the OF chevron (there were two types), the late-war runes tab, or the (probably Flemish-made) eagle...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X