SS NCO Visor Cap - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice original of maker "35" => Gundermann & Kornacker / Magdeburg
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 06-08-2011, 01:49 AM.
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post and give their opinions.
      Jim

Comment

What happened to the lining? Why is it all bunched up? This just does NOT look typical on an otherwise mint cap. Where's the visor inkstamp? - Did they just decide it was unnecessary? Now, please understand -I'm not saying it's not original - just bringing up questions I would have if purchasing. Perhaps some of these anomolies are specific to this individual maker/ Why is the sweatband so wide? Last of all - maybe it's just me, but do people with big heads have a head shape that is perfectly round? I've always disliked caps that are round. That's just not the shape of a human head. The cap may be pefectly OK, but these are just questions I would have. The sweatband doesn't seem to have a border design - Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
          What happened to the lining? Why is it all bunched up? This just does NOT look typical on an otherwise mint cap. Where's the visor inkstamp? - Did they just decide it was unnecessary? Now, please understand -I'm not saying it's not original - just bringing up questions I would have if purchasing. Perhaps some of these anomolies are specific to this individual maker/ Why is the sweatband so wide? Last of all - maybe it's just me, but do people with big heads have a head shape that is perfectly round? I've always disliked caps that are round. That's just not the shape of a human head. The cap may be pefectly OK, but these are just questions I would have. The sweatband doesn't seem to have a border design - Is that normal?
          the stamp is probably there 1/ worn because of hands 2/ was not stamped that well
          i have a ncos cap but not same maker . its on the minty side yet you can hardly see the stamp unless you hold it up to the right light . then you can see it most likley was not stamped to well

Comment

Cap

Ink-stamp theory makes sense, but what about the other questions - lining, sweatband, etc? OK - The cap is mint. If I were the SS man and my cap came this way, I would immediately ask, "What happened to the lining?" If this is normal, tell me so, and I'll believe you, but the question DOES beg to be asked.

Comment

Cap

Addendum: Does anyone else out there have a completely round cap like this one? It doesn't appear to have been crushed. It looks like it is shaped that way.

Comment

Looks like a good cap to me.

Comment

I would be happy to have this one in my collection. I could go into details but I don't want to to do that anymore on this forum so tough sh!t basicaly..

Comment

Welcome back Ben

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
                      I would be happy to have this one in my collection. I could go into details but I don't want to to do that anymore on this forum so tough sh!t basicaly..
                      Me too Ben. Yes the cap is good and I can explain the lining bunched up but what Ben said.

Comment

Plus its not really that uncommon to see caps without the visor stamp if you look at enough of them...I think it may be attributable to certain makers...

Comment

Originally posted by Kreager View Post
                          Welcome back Ben
                          Likewise, welcome back mate

Ian

Comment

Ben

Was Ben gone? Where did he go?

Comment

This one is almost round,tellerform caps do tend to be round especially when almost unworn?which this one is not.
                              mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Cap

So let me understand correctly. A forum member poses legitimate questions in a polite manner, and wants to know why the lining is sloppily attached on an otherwise mint cap. Instead of lending expertise to the subject, so others may learn, the response is that they KNOW why it is bunched, but they're NOT going to tell you, so "tough sh!t"?? That's the same arrogant and snotty kind of answers that some newbees receive when they DARE to ask a simple question. I don't treat people that way, and if I wanted wise-a$$ responses, I'd still be married. The SS may have been elite, but obviously some forum members are not. Please forgive me if it's just a "monthly" thing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X