SS NCO Visor Cap - Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS NCO Visor Cap - Opinions?

This is an NCO cap I would like opinions on.
    Thanks
    Jim
    Attached Files

Close up of eagle and skull.
    Jim
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO looking good ,but wait for experts opinions.
      Reg
      Jarek

Comment

No RZM label inside cap ?
        and RZM black ink stamp in visor ?
        regards
        romaric

Comment

Can't comment on the cap itself or eagle, but from those photos tk looks good.

Comment

Apologies. Newbie to forum and TR collecting so unsure of what photos of items are required.
            Some more of cap. No black ink SS stamp on visor.
            Jim
            Attached Files

Comment

Original Visor cap, eagle is a copy Imo.

Comment

Cap

IMO, there's a good chance this is a Frankenstein. The lining is poorly positioned, and pretty messed up for a cap in such condition. (Not sure, but the lining looks too thick as well.) I also don't like the way it isn't flattened by the leather band, which looks too clean, and where the ends overlap - well, this certainly isn't RZM quality. Besides, they just didn't waste leather by overlapping in this fashion. The RZM tag is attached improperly. No RZM logo on the visor underside. Skull looks OK. Not a cap I would even consider.

Comment

Cap

Back to the lining, notice the excess amount of lining material where it meets the oilcloth. Another thing that REALLY sticks out - Notice the overall shape of the cap where the leather band is - it's almost completely round. Unless the cap was designed for a volleyball, no one's head is shaped like this.

Comment

Cap

Caveat - I could be wrong about the lining material. Large closeups make it hard to judge sometimes. The material itself may be OK, but IMO, still - probably a Frankenstein. Besides the RZM tag improperly attached, it's not positioned in the area of the cap where it normally would be.

Comment

Personally, I think this cap is just fine...these are just the anomalies of a particular maker...

Comment

Cap

Uh-oh I was wrong about the positioning of the tag - it's in the right area after all. With the cap upside down, I got confused. Sorry. Still sewn wrong though. One of the main purposes for the RZM was standardization.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
                          Besides the RZM tag improperly attached, it's not positioned in the area of the cap where it normally would be.
                          As far as I know, there was no regulation for the positioning of the label, except that it be beneath the sweatband in the rear section of the cap. I've seen them both sides, facing up, facing down, facing in, facing out, not to mention the 4 or 5 varieties that were used even right up to the end! As long as the label is real, and doesn't show obvious signs of having been transplanted from another cap, then I don't see a problem...

Comment

Interesting Reparte. Sub-Standard/standard. The RZM was a quality control mark that said it was within some % of the exact specification. Take SA Daggers they vary in length and width as well as the central crest of the blade and they for the most part have RZM numbers put on them. Quality control dosent mean perfect. There will be variations an thats what makes collecting so interesting. If everybody got exactly the same item in the cereal box then noone would think to save them. There would be nothing interesting. I dont save every quarter that comes through my hands. Standard yes perfectly to that standard no. Think reality.

Comment

Now here is an interesting though. Was every tailor, cobbler, weapon maker sent to the eastern front or shot when they messed up something by say 10%. I think not. Who would there be left to make stuff. In reality the RZM was a mark to let the SS control the commerce and the money more than the quality. Look at the folks that ran it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X