SS tunic and pants:OPINIONS NEED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
    Indeed, we cost the seller your money. I strongly suggest you research the subject yourself before throwing rocks at experienced collectors who are trying to help you and making vague threats about suing people (no valid grounds for that here in this case either).

Totally agree.

Comment

Gentlemen...the man is a troll his post bares all the obvious earmarks of the creatures.

That said ....SO SUE ME THEN MR. NORTH CACKALAKY BLACKSMITH !!!!

Comment

John Pic, thanks for your comments. Your opinion is always correct and no one should ever challenge you. Thanks for being mature enough to understand that there is no opportunity for anything different to show up. We as humans will never learn more in the future than what we know now. How stupid of me to think there might be a possibility that some opinions could be wrong. By the way I never said anything about sueing. I merely stated that someone should hold peoples feet to the fire if they claim to be an expert and by jumping on the back of another expert is your way of being an expert then carry on.

Gents I now know where to go to get the most informative information. An older US SF soldier who was instrumental in bringing Nazi collectibles to the US after the wall fell said you guys were the experts he would never ask.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn whatever it is you spout.

Comment

You got it spot on Troll. Post all the fake stuff you want hoping to sell it at your flea market booth. Now post something worth attention. Or go back over to the lets appease everyone so we don't hurt feelings forum. Why dont you post this tunic over there like the fake cufftitles and see what your told ? Whose the expert whose back I jumped on , You? by the way Im not an "Expert" and never claimed to be one.
          Last edited by John Pic; 06-13-2013, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Troll huh. Ok I am a troll. But you are droll. You gents have pattently said a hands on inspection is far better than a photo graphic examination. I am sorry for asking your opinions and I didnt mean to make any toddlers angry. Here have this glass of warm milk and sleep well.

Comment

If you are talking about George Peterson he was never Special Forces, he was in the Old Guard and as far as I know Infantry in Vietnam but was not tabbed. I first met him in 1975+- fairly shortly after he opened his shop.

You can listen to whoever you like- but 30 years from now, when you realize you have a collection full of worthless garbage and most of us are dead and gone please remember this thread.

You are still hanging out in the thread, I thought you were leaving? Maybe flaming the thread for your entertainment? Waste of time, we tried to help you. If you do not want to listen no problem.
              Last edited by Johnny R; 06-13-2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

You know what we do with trolls...

Comment

Originally posted by ncblksmth1 View Post
                  John Pic, thanks for your comments. Your opinion is always correct and no one should ever challenge you. .
                  I would always value Mr. Pics advice.

Chris.

Comment

This turd surfaced again? Flush this floater fast!
                    Besides the obvious fake tags, the pocket pleats and overall tailoring would never pass RZM!!! Yikes!

Good for Halloween though or the scary reenactor wannabees!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by NickG; 06-18-2013, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                      If you are talking about George Peterson he was never Special Forces, he was in the Old Guard and as far as I know Infantry in Vietnam but was not tabbed. I first met him in 1975+- fairly shortly after he opened his shop.

You can listen to whoever you like- but 30 years from now, when you realize you have a collection full of worthless garbage and most of us are dead and gone please remember this thread.

You are still hanging out in the thread, I thought you were leaving? Maybe flaming the thread for your entertainment? Waste of time, we tried to help you. If you do not want to listen no problem.
                      I think it more likely he talked with Jim Calhoun/CavHero/DesertSnake 1991 or whatever his nom de faux was...

Don

Comment

Well gents I showed the same photos to a collector or two at the Raleigh NC Militaria show several weeks ago and they ALL said that uniform was real. Early VA-SS chalk stamped mark and correct RZM tags on bot pant and tunic. So your advise was ill advised. Under your expert tutelage I passed on an extreme deal on a real SS uniform. How many other items have been labeled by you guys? Please in the future state that this is an just an opinion and not imperical fact. Thanks.
                        This collector wasn't Charles Snyder by any chance was it?

Keep in mind a few of the people who commented on the tunic have owned and handled several SS tunics, John Pic himself has personally inspected over a dozen.

I am a beginner as far as SS uniforms are concerned, but when I saw this thread 2 years ago even then I knew that tunic was fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
                          You apparently kept asking advice until you finally got the answer you wanted. What makes the Militaria show advice you got correct and the advice you received here wrong?

How stupid of me to think there might be a possibility that some opinions could be wrong.
                          you'd be stupid to think the others couldn't have been wrong!

William Kramer
                          Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X