SS Sidecap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Sidecap

SS sidecap in Italian gaberdine. It was purchased at the Max in 1987, and given by Ray Zyla and Chuck Scaglione.
    Will it pass muster in the forum?
    Your comments most appreciated!
    Roy
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

sidecap

RK,
            I have never personally owned one of these sidecaps in Italian Gabardine, but I have seen some pictures of very similar caps. This cap looks pretty good to me.
            The eagle is a nice original. I believe this pattern skull is a scarce pattern original bevo, but one of the insignia collectors may say different. I also like the way both were applied.
            This type of material is usually associated with Waffen SS caps, tunics and I have not seen it on any Heer related headgear. It is not the same material as the very fine ribbed Trikot I have seen on officer sidecaps, it is somewhat more coarse. My 2 cents!
            Jerry
            Officer cap in German Trikot>

Comment

Thanks Jerry,
              Appreciate your comments.
              By the way, the the gaberdine material in this example is correct.
              Roy

Comment

Looks fine , I have seen waffen SS tunic made from such material. Is it possible to see its liner?

Comment

Tk

Hello,

Nice original tk, with one of the different weaves. Makes them look flat.

Paul

Comment

re

Hello Roy
                    Indeed the eagle is a very nice and most seen 100% original textbook example

The skull is indeed not a textbook one
                    I believe if you see how it is constructed It is tend to be a period piece ,a not
                    A repro But this is just mine opion

Also Paul ( a die-hard in recognize the skull,s and traps) and Jerry(also someone who know,s where he is talking about) give the for the skull

But maybe there is someone outhere with a different mind on this skull
                    sigpicalways seeking = BEVO Cap and breast insignia

Comment

Sorry to sound a little bit unenthusiastic here but I am somewhat disturbed by the never seen two stitching lines (instead of just one) along the lower edge of the Schiffchen.
                      Mark<O</O

Comment

Both caps posted have the double stitching line which is perfectly acceptable.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by feldwebl
                          Both caps posted have the double stitching line which is perfectly acceptable.

Glenn
                          I think he is referring to the hemline on the bottom of the sideskirt, which on the issue examples I have owned is a single stitch line. This is not your basic issue sidecap, so I don't know if that double seam is so unusual.
                          Most of the SS caps made in this Italian material are m-43 style, but I am sure some preferred the old 1940 sidecap, and that is why we see examples such as this one.

Comment

The skull looks happy

Comment

Ah sorry about that I thought he meant the top Guess I read Marks reply to quick. Glenn
                              "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X