Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
    Larry,
    If all of the hand done AH bands looked exactly like yours, we would be throwing out many good cuff titles. Yours is beautiful, no doubt, but not all good original AH cuff bands look like that. I think the example posted has a good chance of being original. Using the collar tab to compare hand embroidery patterns was a good idea and a good example.
    Peter

I agree - but as it's such a sloppy example I would be unduly cautious with it.

Larry's example is what I prefer to see.

Comment

There's still so much more to like...the insignia industry boomed in the years post 1933, and I'm sure a lot of new hands were being employed. I've seen plenty of Pakistani fakes which employed PERFECT embroidery, but I've never seen ANY fake cufftitle that was embroidered on this early small checker band, which has never been reproduced, and as far as I know, has never been available as "old stock". I think its a mistake to focus on the quality of embroidery alone, and completely ignore both the materials and certain "rustic" embroidery techniques that are actually typical of this early era...

Comment

IMO not original.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          There's still so much more to like...the insignia industry boomed in the years post 1933, and I'm sure a lot of new hands were being employed. I've seen plenty of Pakistani fakes which employed PERFECT embroidery, but I've never seen ANY fake cufftitle that was embroidered on this early small checker band, which has never been reproduced, and as far as I know, has never been available as "old stock". I think its a mistake to focus on the quality of embroidery alone, and completely ignore both the materials and certain "rustic" embroidery techniques that are actually typical of this early era...

you have to look into another country, not to Pakistan where the best fakes are done. As well sometimes it is better to judge the black base material.

Comment

Again thanks for your opinions guys . Arran , you have gone to great trouble in explaining you posts . Some have just posted that it is wrong and given no reasons why . Are there any other collectors out there with this type of cufftitle ?

Comment

Lah

I have one and mine is just like Larry's.

What causes concern is so many irregularities in the silver script.

Plus not sure about the black base.

I am trying to be kind. My cuff title and Larry's are exactly the same. Perhaps this is a good piece. However at best, dangerous. I have not seen one like this.

Mike

Comment

So I am still in the dark about this cufftitle , any more opinions please .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X