SS side cap......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m-40

Please elaborate why you find Marcs SS cap to be not "textbook". I would be happy to have this cap in my collection. The cap and insignia look correct to me.
    I personally do not care for the color (bluish-green) or extremely rough wool of the cap PVL is selling. For me, the cap with no insignia IS NOT textbook.
    I am interested to hear what you find wrong with Marc's cap.
    Jerry

Comment

Originally posted by ReichsHeini
      Please elaborate why you find Marcs SS cap to be not "textbook". I would be happy to have this cap in my collection. The cap and insignia look correct to me.
      I personally do not care for the color (bluish-green) or extremely rough wool of the cap PVL is selling. For me, the cap with no insignia IS NOT textbook.
      I am interested to hear what you find wrong with Marc's cap.
      Jerry
      Hi Jerry. As I told this conversation withot end, but Step by step. I didnt say that I find in Marcs cap something wrong (witout handle). It could be real and could be ss cap, but also it could be repro and could be upgrated coastal artillery EM cap. Is it right? So when I start say about textbook examples I mean that item has distinguishing features of SS caps. Marcs cap have colour, disign and liner, which could be used for making ss caps, but also for making CA caps. Peters cap have good combination of disign, italian material and structure of the liner, all these components are typical only for ss caps and not for coastal artillery. caps. So Peters cap have more charsteristics of original SS cap that Marcs. It is not the rule but in this case I prefer Peters cap. IMO

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X