Waffen ss bevo collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

This is what happens when we take the attitude that these items are our property and we can do with them as we wish.

Totally wrong. We are but temporary caretekers for historical items and we should be very careful about how we "take care" of them.

Just remember guys, when the game is over, the pieces all go back in the box for someone else to play the game...

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
        This is what happens when we take the attitude that these items are our property and we can do with them as we wish.

Totally wrong. We are but temporary caretekers for historical items and we should be very careful about how we "take care" of them.

Just remember guys, when the game is over, the pieces all go back in the box for someone else to play the game...

Tom

I totally agree.

and concerning "the box" I know you have several ...

Comment

"Ok, who's got the cuff title?"

Jack

Comment

Criminal, pure and simple. The pieces he now has are not really "cut-offs" in the sense that I understand that term to be: an Allied soldier cutting off the insignia because it was too bulky to carry the rest.

This was a historical jacket. It would have been amazing if this had been framed and left untouched. Personally, I would have paid big bucks for it if left untouched. Now, I wouldn't really want to have these remnants in my collection. It would piss me off everytime I would see them.
            When you go home
            Tell them for us and say
            For your tomorrow
            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Don't look at it anymore !

Comment

Originally posted by pieand View Post
                That's a good one pieand

Comment

What a waste ,no doubt it will be sold off piece by piece to the highest bidder just like the AFV's they dig up in eastern Europe,
                  what is the world coming to.
                  Mark

Comment

Originally posted by pieand View Post

Pieand, thank you for sharing your find, very nice.

Don't take what some of these drama queens are spewing to heart. I don't agree with what you have done, but If YOU are happy with YOUR item, then enjoy it.

Comment

Any Idea who has the cufftitle or what it was?

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                        Any Idea who has the cufftitle or what it was?
                        was just wondering the same. Also curious to maybe what circumstance it was found in?

Comment

Peoples sometimes makes mistakes. I know personally one collecctor, who got one attic found SS officers tunic in salty and a bit moth damaged condition, and he remove all of the insignia and place it to the stripped tunic. Even I told him it is a mistake, he've done that- his reason was" I did not collect holes, for me it is still anougth perfect"
                          So, we can't made a collecting rules.

Comment

Wow...what more can I say? and I thought my flub with the Normandy camo was bad...

Comment

Originally posted by merdock View Post
                              What a waste ,no doubt it will be sold off piece by piece to the highest bidder just like the AFV's they dig up in eastern Europe,
                              what is the world coming to.
                              Mark
                              It's just money.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X