No announcement yet.

SS Feldbluse M43 für SS-Oberscharführer im SS-9 Panzerdivision "Hohenstaufen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Feldbluse M43 für SS-Oberscharführer im SS-9 Panzerdivision "Hohenstaufen"

Hi All,
    since I am not member in WAF, i can't post fotos for your reference,
    I hope you can click the link for me. so sorry!
    this is the NCO tunic, is it OK? please give me some comments,
    the tunic was sold I remembered 2 years ago, but now it is put for resell,
    maybe the buyer has some reasons.

here is the link:
    https://www.weitze.net/detail/26/Waf...n__105026.html

Originally posted by DKig View Post
    Hi All,
    since I am not member in WAF, i can't post fotos for your reference,
    I hope you can click the link for me. so sorry!
    this is the NCO tunic, is it OK? please give me some comments,
    the tunic was sold I remembered 2 years ago, but now it is put for resell,
    maybe the buyer has some reasons.
    There has been some obviously pieced together SS tunics coming off that site lately. Don't buy something like that off the internet.

Comment

Are the markings in the tunic itself correct? Just curious and trying to learn.

Comment

At a glance the first thing that catches my attention is that the holes punched by the sewing needle are still open on the tabs. Time and use should have closed those up 60 + years ago. Same with the sleeve eagle and the stitching does not look like I have come to expect on sleeve eagles.

The SS-BW stamp looks acceptable, what you can see of it, nothing strikes me as odd with the rest of the markings. The whole tunic requires a much closer look than you can get in these photos in my opinion.

Richard

Comment

Yeah,and even SA shirts are put togethers there,SA shirts 95% of teh time do not have machine sewn tabs,alll of weitzes seem to.If that gives you a clue about machine sewn tabs,there isway to know with SS..Also something I look for in grades over Scharfuhrer is a semblance of Litze having been on tab at one point.I dont always subscribe to the changing of tabs for every rank scenario in ALL organizations.And evidence of more than one pair of tabs having been on a tunic overt the rank of Sturmann,hard to see but if it was done more than twice you can tell.I dont think a new tunic was worn for every promotion of rank either.Common sense stuff,that isnt thought of sometimes.If its advertised as original,go in with teh idea its not.

Comment

The insignia are original ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              The insignia are original ....
              yes but are sewn last month

Comment

That's hard to believe

Comment

original insigna and tunic, price speaks well about touched-untouched.

I don't understand why, in this forum, we must talk about touched/untouched. 99% of tunic are touched also in usa dealers... please use our brain better...

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                    original insigna and tunic, price speaks well about touched-untouched.

I don't understand why, in this forum, we must talk about touched/untouched. 99% of tunic are touched also in usa dealers... please use our brain better...
                    Agree!!

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post

99%? Really? I completely disagree. I believe certain sellers are very careful to describe items accurately and there are some that primarily offer items with originally applied insignia. Still, I can understand why there are so many skeptics given all of the fancy sewing these days and I DO agree that it is wise to be careful when making selections.

Comment

Because there are collectors...forum members... who piece together tunics and sell them through these dealers who stand to make an obscene profit if its not discussed here on the forums thats why its an importsnt subject to talk about.

Comment

99% Is a bit to much, but a real lot of ss uniforms are put together. As long as sellers accept this and tell it and are not asking those crazy prices it is ok for me.
                          I thought there was a poll of that on the forum. Nevertheless, back to the subject.
                          Good jacket, good insignia but put together post-war.

Comment

SS BW added laterly to the original 43 depot tunic, probably that was done to make a tunic more valuable , by some not a well understanding collector

Comment

Originally posted by espenlaub View Post
                              SS BW added laterly to the original 43 depot tunic, probably that was done to make a tunic more valuable , by some not a well understanding collector
                              How can you tell this?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X