SS fallschirmjäger Batt 500 stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr ,
    Have you been wood-carving when you should have been eating X-mas din dins ?
    o

Comment

This

This is not better than "A Sharp Stick in the Eye".

Comment

- well definitely not a typical 'Wolchowstock' type. Wrong wood, wrong finish, wrong everything.. It was on German eBay a while ago,,hopefully you didn't pay a lot for it..

Comment

Obviously the owner is a veteran sniper!

Comment

Looks just weird and wrong.

Comment

Walking stick are common, specially in mountain troops, in German, Austrian and Italian army.

I don't like too much this stick but... nobody can judge it.

In my wall there is a wonderfull stick of my father, and he's skilled, but i saw also original stick made crudely....

PS: the stick it's almost "mint" after 42 years. You can discover aging only in the steel parts.

Comment

I can't comment on if it is original or not. It does look artificially aged like you see on made to look old sword grips and statues and I would stay away if it is ( like mentioned) expensive.

What I don't get is people commenting on the "craftsmanship". Not everyone in Germany was an expert wood carver and not every wooden piece was made on commission. Some people just did it for fun to pass time or the like. I know if a war started and I attempted to make something like this to kill time it would look like a poor attempt at wood carving at best.

Comment

I saw one of these at the blockade museum in Lenningrad a few years back, I can post a pic...if I can find one, but when you see what a real one looks like with 70 years of Patina and nice detail, the good ones just jump out at you...that's just my opinion..also, these were to be found at Arbat or Ismaylova in Moscow, and other places in the mid 90's, and so could a host of other fake items, all "swazed" up to give it that "look at all the stuff the Soviets" had look, they did the same thing with suppopsed "Leica" cameras and binocs, imprinting eagles, totenkopf and ss runes where ever they would fit.
                  Doesn't look like one I'd want to buy.

Comment

I would not touch it at all, but that's just me speaking.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X