Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

This is at best trench art and could have been made anytime since 1944, the poor quality plus the fact it's based on a sniper's badge would make me very wary.

Ian

Comment

It's indeed very hard to prove that this was made during the war, if it's cheap then I would take, is it expensive, leave it... that's just my opinion.
              Always looking for photos and documents from Rotterdam - Dordrecht - Moerdijk (1940-1945)

Comment

Age, wear, and workmanship are not convincing to me.

Comment

i know, real hard to put a actual date on it, was curious about the combo on the badges the most. Workmenship or use is not interesting for me. These "walking" sticks are not made by pro's. Just a way to waist time in war.

cheers

Edwin
                  Attached Files

Comment

This stick is nothing more then an ugly fake.

Jens

Comment

the grooves looks like it was done on a bench grinder i have several of my hammers done this was for better grip
                      Attached Files
                      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Made after 1945 (probably last month!) lacking in detail, artificially aged and the walking stick is the same diameter all the way down, these walking sticks (without the carving of course) can be found at any shop near mountain ranges. I took one look at the first page and when I saw the leather strap, well I knew it was wrong from there on.

Comment

Very poor workmanship, the ones I have seen in period photos exhibited great skill and were done by pro level wood carvers, and were works of art. Why bother then or now with absolutely no artistic abilities or wood carving skills?

Richard

Comment

The sniper patch eagle design is a major red flag for me...

Comment

The walking stick reminds me of modern day fake scrimshaw, it looks as though the whole thing has been gone over with a file or sand paper to give it wear then a dark stain or ink added and wiped away leaving it in the recesses to give it a worn appearance. There is nothing I like about this walking stick.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X