No announcement yet.

M43 Cap Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was trying to get Ben to do his own comparison so that he could come up with his own conclusions. I agree that all traps posted are indeed originals. The one I posted was done in silver-grey thread as well. It's just heavily worn from use.
    Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Tony, you had me worried there for a minute! I thought I'd missed something...

I didn't know the cap was Jerry's at first but I was feeling pretty confident about it when I first posted the photo of the trap. Since then Jerry and I have discussed it and I'm hoping that it will be mine very soon.

Jerry, is that still ok with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Mumby
        Hi Tom;

It's really alright. All of us are always learning.
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Skull/Trap

Hello,

BenVK - The repro skull you posted (first photos) comes in white (EM), flatwire (officers) and a tan/tropical. I'll post a photo of all three repros this evening. This fake has been showing up a lot lately.

Regarding Jerrys trap, the first photo is the problem. Lighting and angles can really distort how insignia appear, coloration, etc. As Tony pointed out, all are originals. You'll see this style trap with silver looking thread, although it is not flatwire and also in a whiter looking thread. Probably just differences in production runs, IMO.

I think the price of Jerry's cap is quite reasonable, seeing that traps can bring $300 - $400+ anymore.

Paul

Comment

Well guys, I appreciate all your help but that's it for me....This cap has now gone to a someone else and I think I'll call it a day...

No hard feelings towards anyone involved, it's just that I've realised that it isn't much fun wading through all the crap and bull when it comes to caps..

What I find amazing is how few original M43 caps are left in the world!! I was watching George Stevens: D-Day To Berlin on TV last night and there was 500 thousand German POW's taken during the Normandy campaign and nearly every one was wearing an M43! where they all gone!

All the best chaps, cheers!
            Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X